Cheap Stuff that Works

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Is this the 3" one that comes in a set of 4 from Amazon for about $30?
It's the one that was floating in my parent's cutlery drawer when we were grabbing stuff 😆

Just kidding. I didn't measure it, but it looks like the knife I used came out of the exact kit that you mention

Man that's a whole big thing. I got a deal here on a used Seek Outside. So used via this site is one option. Here's another one I have seen recommended -
The thing is I don’t have to haul any meat as I’m hunting deer in Arkansas private land. I just need a good pack to carry my gear tripod and maybe my rifle for long walks

BackSpasm

FNG
My harness has a handy pocket in the back which holds my phone and this knife for day hunts.
When wearing the harness the knife sits there pretty good.
If I was on a multiday hunt wearing a pack I'd slip the knife into a pocket on the pack.

View attachment 699453View attachment 699454

Ah nice, slipped right in the back. I have been experimenting with ways of carrying a small fixed blade in the molle on the bottom of my harness but this is a nice solution especially since the Victorinox is pretty flat

ptpalpha

FNG
Phew!
72 pages all in one sitting. Powerbank is keeping the phone charged, lol.
Ok. FNG here, but at 58yo not too FN.
So far the Condor grid fleece is the winner, but I'll be swinging by Target tomorrow to check out pants options.
Keep it coming!

Oh yeah...finger cots work great over the muzzle, and you don't have any adhesive to clean up later.

Phew!
72 pages all in one sitting. Powerbank is keeping the phone charged, lol.
Ok. FNG here, but at 58yo not too FN.
So far the Condor grid fleece is the winner, but I'll be swinging by Target tomorrow to check out pants options.
Keep it coming!

Oh yeah...finger cots work great over the muzzle, and you don't have any adhesive to clean up later.
Bought the wrangler outdoor pants and the condor grid fleece. Both are bargains and staying in my 'gear stable' . The only better stuff is my thrift store finds. Do not under rate thrift stores as great places to build layering systems cheap.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
Any of the ECWS layers, super cheap, they work wonderfully , and they last a while. And you don't gotta worry about trashing them like you would your higher dollar items. Especially if you're a hunter on a budget.. I run the lvl 3. 1/4 zip grid fleece about 280 days a year and I'm on year 4 with it...
An opinel no8 knife, it's super light weight and is sharp as a razor. Easy to touch up if needed.
- mora companion, cheap and works for all tasks from camp to processing.
- Costco or orvis tech pants ,along the lines of the Eddie Bauer ones. I run their fleece lined ones in the winter.

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider
Just got 2 Sofirn hs10 headlamps delivered to the house Saturday for a total of $30.56. Shipping from china took a total of 12 days. They are way lighter and brighter than my old head lamps.

twall13

WKR
Just got 2 Sofirn hs10 headlamps delivered to the house Saturday for a total of $30.56. Shipping from china took a total of 12 days. They are way lighter and brighter than my old head lamps.
I really like those HS10's. That's been my primary headlamp for the last two seasons without complaint. Light, comfortable, and plenty of light when I need it. I'm usually on the lower settings to preserve battery but they can get really bright for their size when needed. Before these I always carried a larger 18650 powered Zebralight because I knew the battery would get me through any trip I do. These might not get me through any trip on one charge but I can carry a spare battery and still be lighter or, what I typically do is just use the charging port built into the light to recharge since I already have a battery pack with me regardless. For me these are a perfect blend of weight, output and battery life.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk