Cheap tipi

This makes me so sad, there are a lot of American companies that make products like this, why buy a cheap Chinese “knock-off”?

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say that it’s probably that the price is an order of magnitude higher

11boo

WKR
I’m gonna take a wild guess and say that it’s probably that the price is an order of magnitude higher

Some would say it’s worth it simply to support an American business. I certainly say that. And that plague thing they crippled us with, FUCN.

Some would say it’s worth it simply to support an American business. I certainly say that. And that plague thing they crippled us with, FUCN.
At what price multiple? 2x, 5x, 10x+? N-95's I can understand, but tipi's?

I see one difference (I'm sure there are plenty) is that these are 20d material vs. 30d in SO. So they shouldn't be as strong or waterproof. That said, nothing wrong in my mind in owning one of these as long as you know what you're getting. I own an 8 SO and love it, but not everyone can swing it. If I wanted to try out tipis for the first time with a minimum investment, or if I knew there was a good chance it might get trashed ie I wanted this to be somewhat disposable if need be - this could be a good option for some folks. Different strokes for different folks!

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
How about a update on durability? Curious for a beginner tipi. Don't bother me with your USA made comments either.
Look at the slumberjack outpost 4 thread. There's a promo on there for 25% off, i just ordered one yesterday for 120 shipped. It's still a chinese tent I'm sure but slumberjack has a proven track record and customer service