Cheaper Mud Tire Recommendations

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
Check your local co-op and see if they have any Grip Spurs in your size. Perfect for what you're using it for.

I stay away from the cheap Chinese tires they seem prone to separating so you will have softballs growing out of your sidewalls. Usually the cheaper name brand tires like General aren't too much more and have lasted longer for me.

SloppyJ

WKR
The Maxxis tires seem to get decent reviews. I almost went for them on my truck but got a set of the Baja Boss Mickey Thompsons. Maxxis make great tires and I wouldn't hesitate if I were looking for a cheaper set.

hippa613

FNG
3rd vote on the milestar patagonias. I run them on my secondary vehicle for random adventures and have handled alot of abuse! on my 2nd set now and have the 2nd gen version on half the rig( I dont rotate enough and do my own alignments by eye lol) , seem to be even better wear. I get about 30k a set running trails in az nm and co with lots of hwy miles between!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
3rd vote on the milestar patagonias. I run them on my secondary vehicle for random adventures and have handled alot of abuse! on my 2nd set now and have the 2nd gen version on half the rig( I dont rotate enough and do my own alignments by eye lol) , seem to be even better wear. I get about 30k a set running trails in az nm and co with lots of hwy miles between!
Thanks for your update. I had not heard of these until this thread and my T4R might get new tires before my Dec. elk hunt.

How's the road noise? Also, how'd they handle the AZ somewhat gnarly rocky off road?

Eddie

hippa613

FNG
Thanks for your update. I had not heard of these until this thread and my T4R might get new tires before my Dec. elk hunt.

How's the road noise? Also, how'd they handle the AZ somewhat gnarly rocky off road?

Eddie
I get some road noise but It doesn't sound louder then some ATs my friends run (their mastercraft ATs seem louder actually in a similar year Expedition),and not too tiring on long trips! Not sure how much quieter the vehicle itself is but for reference its a spacer/keys 03 Tahoe. They seem to show rash and get a little chipped from the CO shale and sharper AZ stuff but I haven't managed to kill one yet! The only thing thats kind of weird is they seem to turn brown fast, but since I hardly wash it, doesn't really stand out.

Also last month AZ trip was bulldog canyon and I had the drivetrain of a Cherokee in bins in back seat, trip before that was Elwood pass from east fork in CO (have ran alpine loop a few times too only bypass was the wall and completed Broken Arrow) for the types of trails I do!