Chinese scoopx bino reviews?

I ordered a pair after hearing all the hype from a few people on here and across the internet. Some people even claim that they couldn’t tell a difference between these and vortex vipers. I don’t have very much experience behind binoculars but I know i need a pair and my viper scope is rather clear so I ordered it. Does anyone else own these that have compared them to some options in the 2-300 dollar price range?
Also I’ll give my thoughts on them when they come in today or tomorrow and I get a chance to test them out.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the "scoopx" binos but I have a "svbony" 8x32 after reading reviews and they are great for the money every bit as good as any of the name brand stuff from China though not as good as the Japanese stuff or stuff from Europe. I have 3 total that I use for loaners and in the truck and also bought their spotter that I keep on the porch for digiscoping. My personal use binos are 8x swaros and 15x sigs

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I grabbed a pair of the scoopx for 30 bucks off eBay. I bought them for a beater pair for my kids as they grow older and start hunting. Figured at that price I I wasn’t taking much of a risk. I feel they are very close to my vipers once focused. The focus knob on the scoopx is much less forgiving. Also the 10x on the scoopx feels like less magnification than the 10x on the vipers. I dont feel handicapped when I’m using the scoopx. I keep them in my work truck for looking at animals while doing rounds. I paid 300 for my vipers and do not feel like they are 10x better. Obviously I don’t expect that either. The scoopx look very close one of the athlon line of binoculars that run about 200 bucks. Wouldn’t surprise me if the same factory is contracted to build both.

Last edited:

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
The ScoopX UHDs are better quality than the TWO ATHLON CRONUS UHD GEN 2 10x42s I recently bought from 2 do different sellers/dealers and they didn't make me feel sick looking through that's unlike how both Cronus UHDs makes me nauseous like seasick or looking through the wrong prescription glasses or looking through a fishbowl as I'm looking through them and the ScoopX also have field flatteners doesn't affect my stability unlike both of my these CRONUSes.

If the ScoopX UHD had an actual name brand label such as Bushnell for example it would probably be selling for $800 because it's clearer than the very expensive Legends I compared them too as well almost as clear as my $999 Nikon Monarch HG but I think the ScoopX UHDs looks like a hair better edge to edge clarity believe it or not.

You'd need a $700 - $800 Zeiss Conquest HD in order to have a slight edge in clarity compared to the ScoopX UHDSs.

The ScoopX UHDs are also more noticeably clearer, and sharper with way better edge to edge clarity than my new $500 on sale JAPAN MADE Leupold BX4s. I really feel gypped buying these Leupolds honestly after already owning several far superior ScoopX UHDs and I'm a Leupold fan. However my Leupold BX5s and Maven B5 and Kowa Genesis Prominar XD with fluorite glass are better than the ScoopX UHDs.

MATTER OF FACT I just bought two Swarovski NL Pure Binoculars specifically to compare to the ScoopX UHDs believe it or not just to see how they fare against each other.

Chuckle a you like I'm really not kidding about buying two NL Pures.

Last edited:

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I grabbed a pair of the scoopx for 30 bucks off eBay. I bought them for a beater pair for my kids as they grow older and start hunting. Figured at that price I I wasn’t taking much of a risk. I feel they are very close to my vipers once focused. The focus knob on the scoopx is much less forgiving. Also the 10x on the scoopx feels like less magnification than the 10x on the vipers. I dont feel handicapped when I’m using the scoopx. I keep them in my work truck for looking at animals while doing rounds. I paid 300 for my vipers and do not feel like they are 10x better. Obviously I don’t expect that either. The scoopx look very close one of the athlon line of binoculars that run about 200 bucks. Wouldn’t surprise me if the same factory is contracted to build both.
I just went ahead and bought Viper HDs based in your comments compared to the ScoopX UHDs the Viper must be absolutely fantastic if they're even in the same league as the ScoopX UHDs. I have to try fir myself thank you very much for that.

Honestly not a Vortex Binoculars fan at all TBH ridiculously overinflated high prices and lowest quality is what I see them as but love their Japan made Razor HD G3s and prefer the noticeably superior Maven B5s and SIG Zulu 9s over Razor UHDs.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the "scoopx" binos but I have a "svbony" 8x32 after reading reviews and they are great for the money every bit as good as any of the name brand stuff from China though not as good as the Japanese stuff or stuff from Europe. I have 3 total that I use for loaners and in the truck and also bought their spotter that I keep on the porch for digiscoping. My personal use binos are 8x swaros and 15x sigs
I also bought two SVBONY SV202s and one SV47 from eBay all in 8x32s and the ScoopX UHD are clearer but the SV202s look like very good build quality but I'm not sure if they're actually worth the $115 apiece I paid especially since my 2 pairs of $39 Visionking 8x32 HDs appear to be just as clear and with better build quality for $75 cheaper. The small round SVBONY emblem already fell off one of them brand new straight out of the box the day I unpacked them.

The SVBONY SV47 is not as good even for $38. It's just as crappy as a Vortex Diamondback HD.

Also worth mentioning the Visionkings appear to have similar DNA to Chinese made Nikons. Just an observation since I actually collect Binoculars and optics in general as a hobby of mine.

Last edited:

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Bet I could tell ya where 90% of that hype is coming from..
Well at least the hype is coming from someone who went through well over 100 different Binoculars and probably more closer to 200 by now including multiple duplicates samples of each in order to check for actual sample variance so I think this someone might even possibly know his glass. At least a tiny bit.

JGRaider

WKR
Well at least the hype is coming from someone who went through well over 100 different Binoculars and probably more closer to 200 by now including multiple duplicates samples of each in order to check for actual sample variance so I think this someone might even possibly know his glass. At least a tiny bit.
Based on your endless posts about your findings of the uber-cheap Chicom glass, I'd probably have to disagree.

Did you document your findings for the 200 binocular reviews you've done? A portfolio like that would warrant some serious research material to show for. Do you have a YouTube channel or website for this hobby?
"It's clearer" and "better than X" doesn't go far to justify your credibility.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Based on your endless posts about your findings of the uber-cheap Chicom glass, I'd probably have to disagree.
Well I just went ahead and bought 2 NL pures just to balance the chicoms out for you

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Did you document your findings for the 200 binocular reviews you've done? A portfolio like that would warrant some serious research material to show for. Do you have a YouTube channel or website for this hobby?
"It's clearer" and "better than X" doesn't go far to justify your credibility.
Nope I collect binoculars as a personal hobby of mine and have no sponsor whatsoever so I won't do YouTube since there's no freebies to test.

How's about I just state based on "my own two eyes" then?

Since everyones eyes are different.

I especially hate chromatic aberration color fringing that's why I don't recommend Vortex Diamondback HDs and Nikon Monarch M7 or 7 series "Chicoms". Some of the very cheap Amazon Binoculars have way less Color fringing chromatic aberration believe it or not.

Earlier I said 90% of the internet hype was from you, I take that back. It’s 100%. After a google search for reviews on ScoopX binoculars, there’s mostly AI-bot reviews on Amazon and a Reddit page that is ran by… you (or at least it appears that way since the posts are direct copies of your posts here). So you are the only person on the internet talking about these binos and trying to convince people to buy multiple sets because there’s no warranty.
Are you selling these on eBay?

Last edited:
OP
T
I’ve had some time to look through them they are rather impressive for the price but I’ve also only ever looked through a 20 year old pair of Binos that are my dads. There is some chromatic aberration closer to the edges but they are surprisingly bright for 70 bucks that I paid for them. I doubt I’d have liked diamondbacks as much and I’d have paid at least twice as much for them. Pretty decent harness for a beginner. I’d say it’s a great deal but it’s not what I hear about Swarovski and maven and Meopta. But if you are on a tight budget looking for a decent pair of Binos to get you started I’d say they are great at that.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Earlier I said 90% of the internet hype was from you, I take that back. It’s 100%. After a google search for reviews on ScoopX binoculars, there’s mostly AI-bot reviews on Amazon and a Reddit page that is ran by… you (or at least it appears that way since the posts are direct copies of your posts here). So you are the only person on the internet talking about these binos and trying to convince people to buy multiple sets because there’s no warranty.
Nope I'm not selling any Binoculars nor anything for that matter at the moment.

I buy stuff and packrat mostly everything that's actually worth keeping.

I haven't even bought any of my ScoopX Binoculars from any of the current sellers on eBay I merely use their prices as a reference as to how cheap they can be currently bought brand new. In fact the 4 out of 5 of mine were all purchased used in open box damaged box condition from private eBay sellers with the cheapest being $50. If I were selling them they wouldn't be for that cheap and probably more like at least $150 - $200 because they're actually worth at least $300 IMHO based on what they actually are regardless of warranty.

I bet once others get wind and try them out and compare them to their much higher priced name brand binoculars they'll also agree with my opinions.

Until you yourself actually look through one of these for yourselves you can never know how fantastic they really are.

Think Nikon Monarch M7 or 7 series without the chromatic aberration color fringing with better edge to edge clarity in fact a little better clarity in general.

Think Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 that has better glass and not as offensive field flatteners and lighter weight and wider FOV.

Think Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2 with much better glass and with added field flatteners and wider FOV.

I also just bought a Viper HD just to add to the comparison awaiting delivery. They're supposed to be up and up with the Midas UHD Gen 2s if not slightly inferior.

I even bought a second Midas UHD Gen 2 to see if it's at least closer to the ScoopX UHD but it's exactly the same as the first Midas UHD Gen 2 I previously bought now have two of as well.

I bought my third Cronus UHD Gen 2 because they're supposed to be in theory better than the ScoopX UHD but my first two are not based on my own two eyes. I still have the first two so all three will be compared amongst each other as well as to 4 different ScoopX UHDs. A buddy bugged me to hell to sell him one after being wowed looking through one of them in fact I let him let ok through 5 of them and he just had ti have one so I sold the most recent purchased onein the nicest newest looking condition for exactly what I paid. I'm not in this to make any money it's just a hobby and once it turns into a business it ain't no fun anymore.

If there's any doubts then just buy one for $150 on Amazon currently on sale or even at $249 if the sale is already over because Amazon got very good return policy. Just to try out with plans to return for refund before the return window expires so the next buyer gets to buy that returned ScoopX for much cheaper used.if these float your boat then do the return through Amazon then just buy the cheapest ones on eBay now around just over $80 with shipping. I paid $50 for the cheapest used pair I own purchased in used open box damaged trashed box condition.

Honestly these ScoopX UHDs are the reason I buy multiples of the exact same name brand Binoculars to test in hopes of finding ones that can actually beat them.

Any of the ones I buy that are better than them I only need one of except for the Leupold BX5 I had the buy two because the first one had more chromatic aberration color fringing than the ScoopX UHD and the second one was better.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Nope I'm not selling any Binoculars nor anything for that matter at the moment.

I buy stuff and packrat mostly everything that's actually worth keeping.

I haven't even bought any of my ScoopX Binoculars from any of the current sellers on eBay I merely use their prices as a reference as to how cheap they can be currently bought brand new. In fact the 4 out of 5 of mine were all purchased used in open box damaged box condition from private eBay sellers with the cheapest being $50. If I were selling them they wouldn't be for that cheap and probably more like at least $150 - $200 because they're actually worth at least $300 IMHO based on what they actually are regardless of warranty.

I bet once others get wind and try them out and compare them to their much higher priced name brand binoculars they'll also agree with my opinions.

Until you yourself actually look through one of these for yourselves you can never know how fantastic they really are.

Think Nikon Monarch M7 or 7 series without the chromatic aberration color fringing with better edge to edge clarity in fact a little better clarity in general.

Think Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 that has better glass and not as offensive field flatteners and lighter weight and wider FOV.

Think Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2 with much better glass and with added field flatteners and wider FOV.

I also just bought a Viper HD just to add to the comparison awaiting delivery. They're supposed to be up and up with the Midas UHD Gen 2s if not slightly inferior.

I even bought a second Midas UHD Gen 2 to see if it's at least closer to the ScoopX UHD but it's exactly the same as the first Midas UHD Gen 2 I previously bought now have two of as well.

I bought my third Cronus UHD Gen 2 because they're supposed to be in theory better than the ScoopX UHD but my first two are not based on my own two eyes. I still have the first two so all three will be compared amongst each other as well as to 4 different ScoopX UHDs. A buddy bugged me to hell to sell him one after being wowed looking through one of them in fact I let him let ok through 5 of them and he just had ti have one so I sold the most recent purchased onein the nicest newest looking condition for exactly what I paid. I'm not in this to make any money it's just a hobby and once it turns into a business it ain't no fun anymore.

If there's any doubts then just buy one for $150 on Amazon currently on sale or even at $249 if the sale is already over because Amazon got very good return policy. Just to try out with plans to return for refund before the return window expires so the next buyer gets to buy that returned ScoopX for much cheaper used.if these float your boat then do the return through Amazon then just buy the cheapest ones on eBay now around just over $80 with shipping. I paid $50 for the cheapest used pair I own purchased in used open box damaged trashed box condition.

Honestly these ScoopX UHDs are the reason I buy multiples of the exact same name brand Binoculars to test in hopes of finding ones that can actually beat them.

Any of the ones I buy that are better than them I only need one of except for the Leupold BX5 I had the buy two because the first one had more chromatic aberration color fringing than the ScoopX UHD and the second one was better.

@Hotmail
You can save yourself the long winded multiple responses by just uploading some pictures taken through the binoculars. If they’re truly that fantastic then it’ll show. Pushing cheap Chinese off-brand junk that enthusiastically reeks of scam and snake oil.

OP
T
I’ll post a pic it came with a digiscoping mount give me a few hours and you’ll have a photo. I was aiming to do it anyway.

JGRaider

WKR
Hotmail, why don't you put a whole bunch of those binoculars together and take a photo for us. Never heard of a hobbyist with a 200 piece collection.

Can't wait for the repair/warranty reports for these sub $100 binos. I bet it's a painless process, if there is a process.......:rolleyes: