Chinese scoopx bino reviews?

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago I followed the hype and bought the Chinese made Zen Ray binoculars. They were very good and I bought more and talked friends into buying them. EVERY single one eventually had to be returned for collimation until they went out of business and we now all have paperweights. I’m guessing the Zen Ray folks started a new binocular company with great hype and without the obligation of honoring the old warranties. I won’t be investing in the latest greatest Chinese crap again.

JGRaider

WKR
Years ago I followed the hype and bought the Chinese made Zen Ray binoculars. They were very good and I bought more and talked friends into buying them. EVERY single one eventually had to be returned for collimation until they went out of business and we now all have paperweights. I’m guessing the Zen Ray folks started a new binocular company with great hype and without the obligation of honoring the old warranties. I won’t be investing in the latest greatest Chinese crap again.
Good point on Zen Ray. You can add Styrka to the list as well. Common sense will tell us that a $75 binocular makes a good toy, nothing more.

OP
T
The photo is quite a bit worse than what you see with your eye so be mindful of that idk why I couldn’t get it to take a decent picture but this was as good as I could get focused on a tree at 30 ish yards. You can also see CA on high contrast like power lines or buzzards in the sky. And the eye box isn’t fantastic but also I paid 70 dollars for them and at 200 yards I could watch a bluebird chase a mocking bird and it was plenty clear. I haven’t had it out in lowlight yet so I cannot give any info at all. Bottom line is for me deer hunting mostly and at ranges of 300 or less typically a lot less these will work very well.

Attachments

• IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 33
OP
T
Hotmail, why don't you put a whole bunch of those binoculars together and take a photo for us. Never heard of a hobbyist with a 200 piece collection.

Can't wait for the repair/warranty reports for these sub $100 binos. I bet it's a painless process, if there is a process.......:rolleyes:
I believe the company went out of business so there won’t be any warranty I think it’s just a good binocular at a great price for someone who doesn’t need every last bit of detail and can’t spend very much money on Binos.

OP
T
Another thing is they have a very close focus if that matters to you I can actually focus on the grass at my feet and I’m 6 foot

I believe the company went out of business so there won’t be any warranty I think it’s just a good binocular at a great price for someone who doesn’t need every last bit of detail and can’t spend very much money on Binos.
This is exactly right on what should be said about that style of optic. I’m sure you got exactly what you expected and there’s nothing wrong with that.
The other guy blasting all these brands at the same price point is whatever, but to pretend that they compete with HG’s, conquests, Genesis, and the other standards at $1000 is absolute lunacy and disingenuous to people looking for a quality product. Thank you for posting a picture and being honest.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Hotmail, why don't you put a whole bunch of those binoculars together and take a photo for us. Never heard of a hobbyist with a 200 piece collection.

Can't wait for the repair/warranty reports for these sub $100 binos. I bet it's a painless process, if there is a process.......:rolleyes:
I don't post pictures unless I'm selling anything which I am not

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I paid 30 for my set. I’m satisfied. I have no doubt they will not last the test of time. I think the bigger picture here is that these are a budget option that do their job for guys that do not require 1000 dollar binos. I wanted a pair of binos for the work truck that if they disappeared would not ruin my day and these fit the bill.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
This is spot on. Paper weights. Don’t be fooled people. These things are straight trash.