Chrono help please

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a competition electronics prochrono dlx. I cannot get it to read. It is very cloudy today so I started at 15ft with no diffuser. Then tried the diffuser. Moved it to 10ft. Rather than keep wasting ammo, I started searching online. One person said swing a broomstick over it to make sure it will work. Doing this, I get the “err” message. I changed the battery, still “err”. Shot over it again, no reading nor error.
There is no power where I shoot so I can’t order the light kit.
Is there anything else I can try or do I try to send it back to exchange?

Thanks in advance.

OP
B

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t want to spend that much. I don’t reload. This one was on sale. Could I just borrow your Garmin, lol

Marble

WKR
Sorry the chronographs isn't working out. Unfortunately, those are just a PITA to use and are not accurate in my experience.

I do not have any suggestions to make it work better. But if you do decide to get a better chronograph, maybe see if one of your hunting buddies want to go in on it with you.

If you want to shoot long distance, knowing your speed and ensuring you have a very small extreme spread is very important.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I have a pro chrono, or shooting chrony, whatever they call it. It’s a fold up metal box that takes a 9v.

For mine the battery has to be fresh. And it needs to be sunny. Much overcast or tree cover and it reads slow speeds or nothing at all.

Out in the sun with a fresh 9v it reads very well. I’ve lined it up with a couple different high end chronographs and it was with 10 to 15fps on them.

Legend

WKR
Didn’t think to check but I will. If there is, I will NEVER admit it.
I have used the same chronograph. Sometimes I can't explain why it doesn't work. Overcast days are typically better for me. On thos dose I do not use the reflectors. On sunny days I THINK you are best when the sun is directly over head and you have the light detractors. And then there are days that I can't get it to work and have no explanation.

But I borrowed it and didn't pay anything so hard to complain.