Class/clinics in the SE

Dobermann

WKR
Thank you for the above. S2HU is sold out for 2024, so at best I can do 2025, or HAHA (but my read of the latter is that it would be best to come with more knowledge than I presently have).

If you could travel around the world for the above, I should be willing to go a bit farther than driving distance. Texas isn't too far, and I'm trying to find out where Chris Way is going to be in 2024, which appears may include FL and VA, which would be easier to get to.

Yep. I used to travel overseas every year to seek out the best instruction I could find.

Didn't have a high income, so lived like an ascetic year-round to be able to achieve it ... you know, the warrior's way and all that.

What amazed me - and you know I'm not hassling you, @fwafwow, here! - is just how many people in the US didn't take up what amazing instruction they had available to them, in-country.

I get that the distances can be large, but the 'taken for grantedness', or not being grateful for what was available, used to amaze me.

The almost-opposite was people who would 'certificate bag' - travel from one instructor to another, collecting certificates (which they would keep in a folder and show at training events to others - why, I really never understood), but not seem to retain useful skills and knowledge - let alone wisdom.

I'm all for the JKD approach of absorb what is useful and discard the rest - and if I was in the US, I'd personally take a course from Jacob, Chris W, and Form, and learn what I could from each ... but what Form has posted above is correct. If you're in the US: you're all being offered something different from the rest, folks. Don't look this gift horse in the mouth.

Lawnboi

WKR
While not a perfect carry over to hunting I think any competition you can do with a scoped rifle will help as well. Being put on the clock shooting in front of your peers is about as close as you can get to the pressure experienced when shooting at an animal IMO.