\ Classic mistake

Weldor

WKR
Well I did it. Did'nt use my level at 400 on a cow Elk this week, was right 2 moa. Got lucky hit her at base of the neck. Just spaced out looking at the built in level on my Fierce. Going to put my other level on the side were i can see it better without moving my head .

Geewhiz

WKR
Ha. Its humbling when things like that happen. Been bowhunting for years and use the wrong pin,...done that. Forget to set new rangefinder to compensate angles. Forget to rezero your turret after dialing for a shot. Easy stuff to forget but complacency will bite you in the a$$.

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
What cartridge? Hard to imagine a 2 moa miss because of gun leveling at 400. What were conditions?
6.5 prc, 2 moa miss is 8 inches plus or minus my trigger sqeeze and cant. slight uphill 15 degress or so. maybe 3-5 breeze left to right at my point can't tell what it was across the canyon? Went out yesterday to verify the poa shift, shot across a similar canyon from a bench leveled dead on . I purposely canted it and missed a 10 inch plate just off the right edge smacked dirt?