Claude Dallas / Murder of 2 Idaho Fish & Game Officers Book

JWP58

WKR
Don't think it's necessarily distain for authority but more of a distrust of authority. 3 cases here in Idaho that bring on distrust, 1 a small
one about a moose road kill near Sandpoint Id. fish&game declared it as unsalvageable, local restrunt owner checked, picked a little
good meat, leagel here and was going to do a dinner for the emploies. Warden shows up and tickets the guy for illegal game possession. Fish&game lost in court. 2 A trespass case brought by fish&game went all the way to the state supreme court, fish&game lost. 3 everyone knows this one, rubyridge, if ever there was a blatant of abuse of gov. authority this was it.

Your first two examples are odd, since the accused apparently fought the case legally, through the system and won. Being charged and cited is not a guilty charge, it simply requires probable cause. Its also not a good reason to kill two men, just my opinion.

And ruby ridge to my knowledge involved federal agencies, not state fish&game. Kind of off topic for this discussion.

Ray

WKR
I was in HS in NV when he escaped the jail and our small town went into lock down for a day or two.

Then a decade or so later when my folks bought a retirement home in Orofino, ID, I spent some time there when I was off over the winter. The young man living across the street looked at me funny the first few days I was there. Once he backed into the house and closed the door when I walked out of my mom's house.

I asked my mom what was up with this kid. All she knew is that he had spent about half of a three year felony sentence at the state pen down south. I wondered aloud if he thought I was a cop or something. A couple weeks go by and mom makes a point of introducing me to the family across the street. The young man won't make much eye contact, but when he does it gives me a weird vibe. I can't let it ride and ask him what is up.
He stutters out that I look just like Claude Dallas. What?

Turns out that this young man used to work in the prison kitchen and served Dallas lunch every day for most of a year.
I look enough like Dallas, that this kid thought he had escaped again, but couldn't figure out why Dallas was walking around in broad daylight still in ID if he had.

kicker338

WKR
Your first two examples are odd, since the accused apparently fought the case legally, through the system and won. Being charged and cited is not a guilty charge, it simply requires probable cause. Its also not a good reason to kill two men, just my opinion.

And ruby ridge to my knowledge involved federal agencies, not state fish&game. Kind of off topic for this discussion.

I didn't go into detail on those 2 about Idaho fish&game but there was a whole bunch more that went on in and out of court. The 2nd about rubyridge was added on in refferance to your comment about distain for authority.