CO CPW phone conf

tdhanses

WKR
Anyone else participate in this tonight? First I was really surprised by the lack of knowledge on the various seasons and hunting opportunities already available by some. Second the Archery guys are screwing themselves constantly asking to remove rifle bear and muzzleloader, we’ll end up seeing archery season reduced. It wouldn’t shock me if rifle bear and muzzleloader were that last two weeks of Sep at some point with Archery starting mid Aug or the last week of Aug on a set date.

People don’t seem to understand the need to reduce bear numbers and the cpw being hamstrung by a start date issue. Also that would put fewer hunters elk hunting during the rut.

LandYacht

WKR
I didn’t get the chance, but I agree with you that the archers are going to make it something they don’t want. I used to think that I wanted the same thing, but when you look at what you’re going to get, it sure looks good to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listened. People complaining about cost and crowding. I got a kick out of the guy that wanted archery moved back to the rut since the rut kept getting later and was not happening in Sept anymore like it used to. How did I miss the days or the rut in Sept?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I got a voicemail a week or so ago from the DOW that said some conference call was starting in an hour if I wanted to participate. Have no idea what that was, or what this new one was.

The best archery elk option that I've seen proposed by both the Commission and the CBA is a 30 day hunting season starting Sept 1st every year.

The stupidity and time wasted from some of the questions really irritated me. I’m glad you, your uncle, your grandpa, etc etc etc have hunted Colorado since 78 and you had lasagna for dinner. But it wasted a lot of time. A lot of the questions you could of called CPW and asked them. Didn’t even have to do with season structure.

There was a lot of bitching about the pricing which is lower in Colorado then most states for a non res. Lots of complaining about bears. Honestly not a lot of substance.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I listened. People complaining about cost and crowding. I got a kick out of the guy that wanted archery moved back to the rut since the rut kept getting later and was not happening in Sept anymore like it used to. How did I miss the days or the rut in Sept?

Oh man I laughed at that one, I’ve been hunting 20 years and the rut just keeps getting later and later, used to be early Sep.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
The stupidity and time wasted from some of the questions really irritated me. I’m glad you, your uncle, your grandpa, etc etc etc have hunted Colorado since 78 and you had lasagna for dinner. But it wasted a lot of time. A lot of the questions you could of called CPW and asked them. Didn’t even have to do with season structure.

There was a lot of bitching about the pricing which is lower in Colorado then most states for a non res. Lots of complaining about bears. Honestly not a lot of substance.

What’s funny is guys saying the annual fishing license was an price increase, not the standard 3% a year thing. There was zero increase when they gave that to us, but they did get additional federal funding from the move.

Truthfully if that is the standard they have to base decisions off of I wish they would stop having these open forums of dialogue.

bobhunts

WKR

Amazing how so many of the folks talking could not stay on subject..Season dates!

cnelk

WKR
Im going to the BGSS meeting tonight in Ft Collins.

What Ive seen when attended them, is that they are more of a formality.
Not much will change