CO Deer Best Unit with 7 Preference Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclift

FNG
I have 7 preference points for deer and would normally shoot for the … however I might be able to stretch for a more coveted unit.

I wanted to see what everyone thought the best unit and season would be to cash in these points?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

jclift

FNG
I wouldn't. Stick with what you know, even if you're "burning" too many points.
To be honest, I haven't hunted deer in a long time. I've been chasing elk (with no luck). Always see deer but wanted to try and find a solid unit to find a nice one. I used to hunt the …area quite a bit when I was younger but unfortunately it's been so long I'm no longer familiar with it.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Well not going to post any up and coming units on open forums… and I don’t think anyone should these days, basically just about any 2-10 point unit you will have the same chance of getting lucky and finding a monster… late deer seasons for the last 4 years have led to a lot of age class getting whacked so pick a unit and go for it

180ls1

WKR
To be honest, I haven't hunted deer in a long time. I've been chasing elk (with no luck). Always see deer but wanted to try and find a solid unit to find a nice one. I used to hunt the area quite a bit when I was younger but unfortunately it's been so long I'm no longer familiar with it.

I'd still double down on that unit. I think that puts you in a better spot hunting it more frequently even if you're hunting another species.

I have 7 preference points for deer and would normally shoot for the , however I might be able to stretch for a more coveted unit.

I wanted to see what everyone thought the best unit and season would be to cash in these points?

Thanks in advance!
RES or NR? You trying to go rifle, archery, or muzzleloader?

You're a resident with 7 points and you're asking a forum where to go? You could pull a lot of great tags with those points. Go to toprut or gohunt and research draw odds, points required for whatever season, % of public, look at access, watch the Colorado GPW videos on GMU's. This part is half the fun of it to me.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I removed the general location from the comments and op to keep this vague, it wasn’t as specific as saying a specific mountain name but still draws attention to an area that doesn’t need to be blown up. Op, we ask for these subjects to discussed via pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.