Co elk week

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Thats the charge for a preference point if you didn't hold a license last year. I'm guessing a lot of people are going to be surprised when they see a $40 charge this morning.

But I did hold a NR license, that is what's throwing me off.

EDIT -

Sat on hold for 20+ minutes and finally spoke to one of the Customer Service Folks. When I went into the new portal and searched for my previous CID#, I couldn't locate it and setup a new one. So my new CID# did not have my 2017 license and information hooked to it, so I was charged the additional $40. They will have to merge the two CID together and then the Manager will have to make a decision on whether I have to pay the $40 fee, even though I held a license last year. Waiting on a call back, fingers crossed since I would be on the hook for $160 if they don't accept my 2017 license (for Antelope, Bear, Deer, and Elk).

Last edited:

bz_711

WKR
PP and OTC Elk this year...as I had planned...

I do agree that I'm sure many will be surprised with a $40 fee today if they didn't carry a license last year...

OP
J

jcoe2

FNG
Question, I have been in contact with CPW after a very long wait (phone lines are flooded surprise surprise) with no avail. A group of us applied (as a group) however our draw was split 50/50 two of us were drawn and 2 were not. We are currently deciding what we want to / can do at this point, split up 2 in the draw unit and 2 in a neighboring OTC unit or sticking together OTC. My question is, are the two of us who drew a unit, able to also hunt an OTC unit? Tried to call back this morning, but the call volume has increased today as well.

JLeMieux

Lil-Rokslider
Question, I have been in contact with CPW after a very long wait (phone lines are flooded surprise surprise) with no avail. A group of us applied (as a group) however our draw was split 50/50 two of us were drawn and 2 were not. We are currently deciding what we want to / can do at this point, split up 2 in the draw unit and 2 in a neighboring OTC unit or sticking together OTC. My question is, are the two of us who drew a unit, able to also hunt an OTC unit? Tried to call back this morning, but the call volume has increased today as well.

I asked a similar question a while back. I was told a limited entry tag was only valid in that unit and not valid in otc units.

I applied for both Archery and Rifle zones, did not draw, and was auto charged for an OTC 2nd season rifle tag. I would prefer to Archery hunt OTC. Can I exchange tags with CPW?

I am not going to try to call for a few days since i'm sure they're slammed with calls.

OP
J

jcoe2

FNG
I asked a similar question a while back. I was told a limited entry tag was only valid in that unit and not valid in otc units.

Appreciate it. I will be calling back to confirm later today. Fingers crossed I get through.

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Got my Bull tag again but am going DIY this year after a disappointing guided trip last year. Figured I could just as bad as the guided trip and save on the money. Doing research every day it seems like. Can't wait for the exploratory trip in August to check things out.