Colorado GMU 500

Scar4022

FNG
Anyone have feedback or input on gmu 500? Looking at a first time guided hunt this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
If you bought a decent guided hunt you will be on private land, or mostly landlocked public. Should be easy to throw a rope on one. Be aware, you are expected to ride it bareback.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
If you bought a decent guided hunt you will be on private land, or mostly landlocked public. Should be easy to throw a rope on one. Be aware, you are expected to ride it bareback.
Without pants

Dennis

WKR
Unit 500 does have elk, but is fairly close to Denver and is a high use area FYI. Lots of trails, day hikers, bike riders, horseback trail riders etc.. I would make sure to understand and follow up with your guide or outfitters on their references and where you will be hunting. Private ground is mainly willows and hay fields, a few area where access is limited to the public. Good luck

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
I would check with your outfitter to verify exactly where you would be hunting. I was in 500 for a muzzy cow hunt 6 years ago and for the first 3 days we had the same outfitter and hunter walking through our setups. We were on public land and we could not believe the guide was getting paid to hunt that area. For outfitters fees, we expected they would be on private.