Colorado Springs food/fun

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to Colorado Springs 7/11-7/18 for some training, and I’m wondering if there are any must-try local restaurants for dinner or things I should try to do in my free time after 4pm each night? I know there is going to be a rodeo in town so I plan on going at least one night. I know I’m late and everything’s probably been picked over, but I plan on trying some shed hunting hikes on the weekend I’m there. Coming from NY, I’ve never had a chance to come out just to look for sheds.

Bluefish

WKR
Paninos for some local pizza/ Italian. Bonnie and reed for fish Although I have heard it’s not as good as it used to be. Josh and John’s for ice cream. Phantom canyon for a local brew pub. Molicas for local Italian, more popular as a lunch spot. Story book brewing for some local brews.

Loo.wii

WKR
Headed to Colorado Springs 7/11-7/18 for some training, and I’m wondering if there are any must-try local restaurants for dinner or things I should try to do in my free time after 4pm each night? I know there is going to be a rodeo in town so I plan on going at least one night. I know I’m late and everything’s probably been picked over, but I plan on trying some shed hunting hikes on the weekend I’m there. Coming from NY, I’ve never had a chance to come out just to look for sheds.
If you have access to the Airforce academy I would highly recommend their 3D archery range. They also have pretty good access points to the NF on the crack side of the compound

OP
F

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the suggestions I’ll check some of them out! Saving pikes peak for when my wife comes out on the 18th. Training until the 18th, then took some vacation time after that for another week.

Ddog

WKR
Garden of the Gods is pretty cool. If you want to take a nice mountain drive, take Rampart Range Rd up out of the park over to Woodland Park (there is-or was-a Dinosaur Resource Center there if you're interested). Manitou Springs is very nearby and had a couple decent restaurants and a Mountain Man shop with nice knives, etc.

I went up Pikes Peak and got altitude sickness. Ruined my visit.
I was planning on trying that toward the end of my trip. What’s your home town altitude if you don’t mind me asking.
Sorry to highjack this thread….I’ll see myself out.

intunegp

WKR
Had a really good Italian dinner at La Bella Vita last time I was down that way. Garden of the Gods is a cool. Not sure where you're from but Scheels is always cool to go kick around if you've never been in one.

Trr15

WKR
Garden of the gods is nice, Manitou incline will get you some cardio and a nice view, Cheyenne Mountain golf course isn’t bad.

UncleBone

WKR
If you like cheeseburgers, hit up drifters for sure. Get a big island wild style. You will not regret it.

The omelette parlor is pretty good for breakfast.

OP
F

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Keep ‘em coming! Thanks! Unfortunately, I do love my cheeseburgers! Garden of the gods looks like a good time too

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
As others mentioned, the Garden of the Gods is an easy get, quite neat. At the other end of the spectrum the Broadmoor is a legendary resort with fine dining, a notable golf course & excellent views.

I bet the inside of Cheyenne Mountain is worth seeing, but I think it requires a pound of flesh for admission.

Last edited:
Seven falls is a neat canyon and has waterfalls. A bit cooler there in warm weather due to canyon. Costs about $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
If you like good bbq Front Range BBQ is legit. My favorite in Colorado. Get the sloppy pig. Hit the incline before so you don’t feel as bad about yourself after the meal!

Tahoe1305

WKR
If you have access to the Airforce academy I would highly recommend their 3D archery range. They also have pretty good access points to the NF on the crack side of the compound
Only thing required for access is a DL. No guns or drugs.

If you’ve never been to a scheels I’d call it a must visit.

Lastly Beast and Brews is a cool bar. Serves some decent prices wild game too.