Colorado Springs food/fun

norcal7.3

Lil-Rokslider
I’d recommend checking out the Olympic training center as well. It’s close to downtown. There are tours and whatnot. I’m not entirely sure if you can just walk around through.

Another nod for garden of the gods as well as pikes peak.

Is there really any good "American Food," it's all shit. Enjoy CO, but foodwise, no difference between one state to the next, all garbage and made without any culture or finese behind it.

bz_711

WKR
My kids favorite stop is the Penny Arcade in Manitou...I'm not a gamer, but I think anyone from my generation (I'm 45) would love it...all the arcade games we grew up playing.

sndmn11

WKR
I had a co-worker in from Indiana this last week who ran down and spent some time visiting his daughter in the Springs.

He said they went to the Paraplegic Olympic Museum, and intended to go to the National Rodeo Museum but had spent the whole day at the former because it was so much fun.

I've been to the zoo and it's kind of neat to feed giraffes.

Royal Gorge is cool for some folks, so is the prison museum.

I’ll second the opinion that food is not good. I mean it’s not bad but everything is just about average so don’t go out of your way to find a special eatery. For whatever reason they just don’t do really good food in the springs. There’s also a 3D course at Cheyenne Mountain State Park.

Definitely hit up the incline coming from sealevel-ish that'll be a solid effort, imo plan on it taking at least four hours up and down, the trail down is quite a bit longer than it seems like it should be but that's just your brain messing with you. I also like the town of Manitou quite a bit and if they're open, I always feel fine about stopping for a bag of mini beinets on the way outta town. The town itself is a p r i m o strolling and shopping with the wife destination

OP
F

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
making a list of all this stuff. I do like the burger suggestion. I am definitely a food guy, but most of my time here will be eating myself, so no fancy dinners anyway. Rarely are there any people in my classes that I’ll go grab dinner with. Bunch of OSHA enforcement folks…

Phaseolus

WKR
Once you get done with your training get done with Colorado Springs and the Front Range. Visit Ouray, drive Red Mountain Pass, and see Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP.

Bluefish

WKR
making a list of all this stuff. I do like the burger suggestion. I am definitely a food guy, but most of my time here will be eating myself, so no fancy dinners anyway. Rarely are there any people in my classes that I’ll go grab dinner with. Bunch of OSHA enforcement folks…
Western omelet and Adam’s mtn cafe are both good breakfast places. Be warned the hot green chili at western omelet is really hot.

for good korean barbecue, San Chang house.

Stugotz

FNG
Actually, The Go To Gun Range/Store is Dragonman's! When I was there you could rent/shoot any number of machine guns and he has a military museum 2nd to none! ;)

Dragonman's

feanor

WKR
Black Forest deli is up in monument. Fantastic food. Shoot the AF academy range if you have the bow. Then, a cup of my filter coffee. Best day ever.

Oh wait, you were talking about things for you to do, sorry.

Lytro

WKR
Manitou Brewing Company was my favorite place to eat while I lived in CO Springs. Great burgers, truffle fries, and beers!