Colorado wilderness crowding

I have to wonder if more accessible, obvious and popular spots are getting crowded with the new city crowd and everything else is roughly the same or in some cases less year to year. Are a lot of these people going out solo off an unnamed trail their first year? I see them more in the high traffic spots in groups. At least in Oregon and Idaho.

Everyone's tolerance level is different. I grew up fishing and hunting in areas where I saw no one for years, so my tolerance level has been put to the test for a few years now. I rarely fish anymore because of the crowds on the rivers, and I'm very selective where and when I hunt because of the crowds (both hunting and recreational).

At this point, I don't even have an elk tag. Not 100% sure what I'm doing yet. I might just spend the entire season helping others in draw units that I know well. Crowds ruin it for me. I don't even like camping around others.

Sounds like you need to move to Alaska.

I don't know if you are just messing with him or not.

If you like crowded beaches/river/etc, by all means go. If you don't, don't go. The best part is that we decide what we're willing to do.

The posts about too many folks and being on elk are encouraging. The people aren't pushing them out, just changing the aesthetics of it all.

Back