Coop's Bear-Camp 2013

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
No backpacking other than the bait itself to the bait-sites. We'll be driving the DuraMax right to camp and staying in my Weekend Warrior, but a lot of folks will also be tenting it. I get plenty of tent-life and backpacking the rest of the year so it's nice to have a hot shower and real bed on hand! It's plenty of work hauling bait that I don't even feel guilty pushing the button and hearing the generator purr to life so we can fire up the A/C if it gets hot!

Coop

Oh yea! My wife made me buy our trailer and it sure is nice to have a hot shower, cool air and a comfortable bed.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Asking Roksliders if they want a Live Hunt is like asking a 6-year old if he'd like to watch Spongebob.

Take us for sure! Amazing logistics you've all worked out and some beautiful bears.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
No backpacking other than the bait itself to the bait-sites. We'll be driving the DuraMax right to camp and staying in my Weekend Warrior, but a lot of folks will also be tenting it. I get plenty of tent-life and backpacking the rest of the year so it's nice to have a hot shower and real bed on hand! It's plenty of work hauling bait that I don't even feel guilty pushing the button and hearing the generator purr to life so we can fire up the A/C if it gets hot!

Coop

Brilliant! We only get to "heavy camp" a couple times a year, so I can definetely relate! Sure is fun having some anmenities once in awhile, especially with all the bait it sounds like you are hauling :) Have an awesome time and can't wait to hear all about it!

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds great. Please keep us updated on your hunt.

Thanks
Jake

groc426

FNG
Sounds like it will be a great time! May I ask what general area you're headed to. N. Idaho? I plan to aimlessly wander around SE Idaho on a bit of a spot-n-stalk. Don't expect to see anything, but great excuse to get out for the weekend. Good luck! Look forward to reading about your adventure.

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry for the delay guys. Finally made the 20 mile drive to tap into my buddies wifi!

Having a blast so far - we've seen a few bears but our bait were pretty hammered so we'v been baiting hard which always seems to interrupt the action a bit.

I have been sitting one of our best stands with one of the youngsters and I've got 3 go-pro's set up from some really cool angles and one Pro Canon HD camera in the stand with us. Pray we get a bear to come in because I think the film will be incredible. So far nobody has taken a shot but tonight "feels" promising.

We've been eating like kings - baby back ribs in the smoker last night with dutch oven peach cobbler. Dutch oven biscuits and gravy this morning. Doing a turkey in my buddy's camp chef oven tonight.

I'll drop some pics in the next posts! Keep your fingers crossed for us guys!

Coop

Slim Jim

WKR
That food sounds sooo good! I bet you guys are having a blast. Keep us updated Darin cause most of us are living through you until it's time to scout.

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some Good Bears!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds awesome! Especially great for those of us stuck at work this weekend, I am living vicariously :) Good luck tonight and keep the pics and updates coming!

Shrek

WKR
Wow , those bait cribs you built look like a ton of work. A lot of heavy lifting and dragging to make those. You are definitely earning your bears. Good luck knocking a couple of bears down. Your bear camp sounds just like our deer club opening weekend. Good times with family and friends .

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
i have been sitting one of our best stands with one of the youngsters and i've got 3 go-pro's set up from some really cool angles and one pro canon hd camera in the stand with us. Pray we get a bear to come in because i think the film will be incredible.

:) i caaan't wait to see

OBP

WKR
Looks like an awesome trip, the food sounds awesome! Good luck on the bears!