Coyote Call Sequence

TxLite

WKR
Recently started coyote hunting and have had some minor success, but lately I haven’t had much luck with calling with my x24. I can usually get a call back but getting them to come in has been a challenge.

I went this weekend and tried lone howl, pup in distress, etc. trying to paint a picture of a lone coyote coming into the area and attacking a pup. No response so. Waited a few hours and tried again but using fawn in distress. Had 0 response again. Nothing in the area that night? Bad luck?

What calling sequences are guys using this time of year?

IMG_1260.jpeg

I don't get to hung up on a sequence. If they hear it and r interested they will come.

If I don't have a response in under a half hr. I'm moving on.

Check out foxpro’s website. They have a good video that explains call sequences relative to time of year. That will give you a good starting point.

Also, check out Calling all Coyotes on YouTube. Randy Anderson is a master.

I don't get to hung up on a sequence. If they hear it and r interested they will come.

If I don't have a response in under a half hr. I'm moving on.
Might be the move then. I only really hunt 150 acres

Check out foxpro’s website. They have a good video that explains call sequences relative to time of year. That will give you a good starting point.

Also, check out Calling all Coyotes on YouTube. Randy Anderson is a master.
I’ll have to check that out

Might be the move then. I only really hunt 150 acres

I’ll have to check that out
How about you setup relative to them winding you? That could be an issue.

Also, they have pretty decent vision and will see you moving around. You may have to wait until they move again before you swing around on a dog.

How about you setup relative to them winding you? That could be an issue.

Also, they have pretty decent vision and will see you moving around. You may have to wait until they move again before you swing around on a dog.
I generally setup with the wind either coming at me or 90 degrees from where they would usually be coming from off of a creek. I also typically hunt at night with thermal. I stand behind a 4’ tall fence and use a tripod. The field I normally hunt has roughly 250 yards visibility in the directions I’d be shooting. So if they pop up to take a peek I can usually spot them

Back