Coyote prices..

sneaky

"DADDY"
Crap..........mine are staying in the freezer till next season.
Probably won't be much better unless the world finally opens back up from the China virus

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am not a fur seller so excuse my ignorance but what makes say a bobcat worth so much more money? I can see that they are not as plentiful on the market but I would also think that fur is fur for most applications so there would be no real use difference between 'yote and bobcat.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I am not a fur seller so excuse my ignorance but what makes say a bobcat worth so much more money? I can see that they are not as plentiful on the market but I would also think that fur is fur for most applications so there would be no real use difference between 'yote and bobcat.
The spotted bellies. Western cats have a wide, snow white belly, with distinct spots. Couple years ago the best ones were bringing $3k+ at auctions. Still over $1k for the best examples. They're also a lighter weight leather once tanned, doesn't make for a super heavy coat once sewed up.

ALF

Lil-Rokslider
With high gas prices and no buyers within a 100 miles of here, it's not worth the effort to drag them back to the truck, unfortunately.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Iv'e thought about going that route, probably just hold em over till next year though.
Next year probably won't be much better looking at the market forecast

4ester

WKR
How do you hold them over?

Unless your putting them in space bags in the freezer? The guard hairs will get j-hooks and they probably won’t want them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you see beauties like these from a TRAPPERMAN post you understand those top lot pelts:

full-42823-120541-20211229_164305.jpg
Wow beauties

WCB

WKR
friend of mine is getting Average low 20's on carcass (dakotas)...good ones going for $30ish. a $3000 check last year is $700 this year.

I really don't see the prices coming back as the latest fur ruff fad has past and that was basically all that was holding that market up the last few years.

packer58

WKR
How do you hold them over?

Unless your putting them in space bags in the freezer? The guard hairs will get j-hooks and they probably won’t want them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Others may do it differently but I leave my hides green, un-fleshed and un-washed. roll them up from head to tail and double wrap in garbage bags and into the freezer.