Crispi Boot Stretching- Success!

Huntin_GI

WKR
Just got my boots back from the local cobbler.

I’ve have a pair of Crispi Nevada’s for about 4 years. After a wet 5 day hunt last year. Boots underwent some pretty dramatic shrinking.

Took them to a cobbler and he said that since this leather was a “soft” leather, they are very receptive to stretching. Upon return he said a full size is what he anticipated that he had got.

Trying them on confirmed his assessment.

I was concerned I was going to have to replace them but that won’t be the case.

If your boots have shrank, take them in. It’s crazy how much room he was able to create.

SDHNTR

WKR
Did he say if stretching did anything to the detrimental to the goretex liner?

Interesting. I just picked up a pair of insulated Nevada's that fit great everywhere but rub on the outside of big toe for some reason. I was debating trying to stretch just the area that is rubbing.

OP
Huntin_GI

Huntin_GI

WKR
So will it shrink again under the same conditions?
Hard to say. This wasn't the first time they got soaked but its probably the longest they were 100% saturated. I noticed some slight shrinkage after that hunt but I didn't clean them up or anything. Coated in mud. Put in the garage. Pulled out this spring and immediately noticed they had shrunk alot. I think it just comes down to taking care of them and making sure that you are oiling them up regularly which I failed to do.

Benjblt

WKR
Hard to say. This wasn't the first time they got soaked but its probably the longest they were 100% saturated. I noticed some slight shrinkage after that hunt but I didn't clean them up or anything. Coated in mud. Put in the garage. Pulled out this spring and immediately noticed they had shrunk alot. I think it just comes down to taking care of them and making sure that you are oiling them up regularly which I failed to do.
I ask because I have some Kenetreks that have been soaked many times and it is quite possibly a 1/2 size too small. Kenetrek offers boot stretching and I've prestretched some boots in the toe box and I've loved them. Time will tell if moisture might shrink them. One thing for sure is if you get leather boots wet don't warm them up too much while wet.. . ie boot dryers or direct heat from a stove or truck heater.