Crispi customer service / warranty

isu22andy

WKR
I’ve had these Thor’s since March 29 and maybe have put 8 or ten miles on them. At first I thought I hit the toe on something sharp but it keeps peeling. What gives ? Will Crispi warranty them ?
a700d90061e57c8d214523f533c86206.jpg

66a580bd52d51da667a1f633e19fe6df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8-10 miles?? Wow. What type of terrain? Pure scree?

I imagine bare leather couldn't even look that bad after that little mileage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
No rolling farm land a little timber . See what happens I contacted them. It’s probably just cosmetic but 300 dollar pair of boots and only using them 5 times kinda rubbed me wrong

Wow.

Please post a follow up. I have a pair of Thor’s with close to 200 miles on them. They are going strong with only a reasonable amount of sole wear. I like them so much I was thinking about buying another pair.

No rolling farm land a little timber . See what happens I contacted them. It’s probably just cosmetic but 300 dollar pair of boots and only using them 5 times kinda rubbed me wrong

Let us know what they say.

That’s great to hear. I love my Thors. Exact same pair with a good many miles in rough terrain. Nothing that looks like that. Wow! Glad they took care of the problem.

Stalker69

WKR
Are you putting these in an “ozone” closet or bag or anything ? Reason I ask is we have had rubber rot on a few pairs of hard scrabbles and it was do to the ozone. No problems sense we quit putting boots in them.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Are you putting these in an “ozone” closet or bag or anything ? Reason I ask is we have had rubber rot on a few pairs of hard scrabbles and it was do to the ozone. No problems sense we quit putting boots in them.

Nope . No ozone nothing .

Glad they replaced them for you. I’ve had to return two pairs before their time and the customer service has been great.

hooker

Lil-Rokslider
To the OP how tall is that particular Crispi boot? If its a mid weight its near impossible to trump the Salomon Quest 4D GTX. No way in hell the Salomon toe cap will ever do that.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Contacted Crispi - sending me a new pair free of charge .

Here I am 3 months later more problems ... upgraded to the Colorado GTXs instead of sending me a new pair of Thor’s ... I even paid the upgrade fee . Would be a little different if I’m pounding mountains or scree fields but I’m literally a 165 lb 28 year old in Iowa whose using these in ag fields and timbers to check trail cameras and go on weighted pack hikes to train for an archery elk hunt. I bet there’s less than 40 -50 miles on these boots . With an elk hunt on the way in September I’m less then impressed I will have to break in a new pair.
c8d1732db19de9f34feabcaaeb4b2b6d.jpg

Last edited:

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Geez that’s pretty bad if that’s the replacement pair, and an upgrade from what you had. I’ve been Thinking about getting a mid size crispi boot to compliment my kenetrek mtn extremes. Only hang up was there is absolutely no where I can find that carries them local to me so I can try them on. But after seeing this maybe I will just stick with the kennetreks.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
I’m a benefit of the doubt guy , like maybe 2 manufacturing flaws at once just happened to happen to me , 1 in a million chance . Almost to a fault ... what’s crazy is there’s not even a hunting season from when I got these to when I wore them . I might have wore them on one or two turkey hunts but other than that it’s pounding trails or 1/4 mile walks through the timber to check trail cameras . Edit checked my timeline was tagged out with turkeys before I even used these. See what they say ... I’ll be in touch tomorrow . Idk if a new pair would even satisfy me at this point this close to September elk hunts.

Last edited: