Crispi dilemma

Zeus401

FNG
I have the summit and thought the soles were a bit too soft. So bought the briksdal and now my knees and feet hurt so bad from the stiffer soles ! So does anyone know if the Nevada or the wild rock sole is a little bit stiffer then the summit but softer then the briksdal?

Last edited:
I believe they claim they are the same stiffness, but I didn’t care for the summit. They felt “squishy” to me. I have used the Nevada and wild rock and really like both of them. I can’t quite tell if it’s a difference in sole stiffness or just more support in the boot, but they are in between the summit and briksdall for sure.

OP
Z

Zeus401

FNG
I believe they claim they are the same stiffness, but I didn’t care for the summit. They felt “squishy” to me. I have used the Nevada and wild rock and really like both of them. I can’t quite tell if it’s a difference in sole stiffness or just more support in the boot, but they are in between the summit and briksdall for sure.
Thanks Heath

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
May be worth trying the Idaho or Wyoming. They have updated versions of those coming out and may be a good balance for you.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the birksdall SF, my knees hurt on hikes if I’m not carrying a pack. If I’m carrying a pack it’s all good.

OP
Z

Zeus401

FNG
Wish I could afford all of the boots mentioned but sadly I can’t! Lol
I’m leaning towards the Wild Rock since it has a little more insulation. Last time I wore my Briskdal’s it was 15 degrees out and my toes were froze.

Last edited:

Firemedic710

Lil-Rokslider
Planning on hunting in October for Idaho’s gun season. Think they would be warm enough?
They may depending on how warm/cold your feet run and how long you stop and glass. They are uninsulated but seem warm to me. I’ve started packing insulated booties and wearing uninsulated boots down to single digits so that my feet don’t sweat while I hike.