Crispi Summit toe box

handwerk

WKR
For those that wear these boots how does the toe box seem to you? tight or roomy, not sure if I should get wides or not and I don't live close to a retailer.
Thanks

Drenalin

WKR
I'm an 11.5 wide. The toe box for me is just barely wide enough at the first knuckle (where my toes start), and quickly narrows down from there. Anything over a medium thickness sock, the boots don't feel right at all and I start getting hot spots between my toes. Still a great boot, but with some limitations. Overall, I'd say the toe box is on the snug end of the spectrum.

iaff3666

FNG
I’ve worn them the past 3 season, many miles. Great boot. They are narrow in the toe I would go with the same size as athletic shoe you wear. They are on sale on Black Ovis for Father’s Day

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Wear a 12 and I’m borderline wide. I’ll usually wear wide in danner and some work boots. The summit tie box fit funny to me, like it turns forward too quickly. That was in a 12 regular. Wides weren’t available at the time, so I tried the lapponia in 12 reg and they fit perfect. I think the summits are just the wrong shape for my feet

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
My Summits definitely seem on the smaller side of the toe box spectrum. I am normally borderline wide as well, and the Summits fit me fine, but they are definitely borderline for width. More width would not have hurt my feelings.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
All the crispi models I tried were too narrow in the toe box for me but wides too sloppy in the heel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
H

handwerk

WKR
to follow up I just received a pair of regular width summits (10.5) from black ovis, initial fit is great with enough toe space and so far very comfy, we'll see how they do this fall, but I'm liking them...thanks for all the input.

I know you asked about the Summits, but I ordered a pair of Crispi Wyomings from Blackovis last week, and got them Monday. This is the new model, and in the ad Crispi admittedly enlarged the toe box on the new model. They were too wide in the toe box for me, and I had to send them back. Not sure why they made the change, but I sure was disappointed. Why couldn't they leave well-enough alone? Now I am going to try to find the old model of the Wyomings. They fit.

Last edited: