Custom Gun Into Canada

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Only vague info when i tried to google it. Have a custom rifle I just realized doesn't have a serial #. If I try to take it into Canada with the space for the # blank on the 5589 form is that going to cause issues?

Last edited:
OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
I thought all guns legally had to have a serial number?
That's what I thought too, and it was to be stamped on the receiver. Gonna look it over again once I get the kids to bed.

ODB

WKR
Only vague info when i tried to google it. Have a McWhorter rifle I just realized doesn't have a serial #. If I try to take it into Canada with the space for the # blank on the 5589 form is that going to cause issues?

Yeah, not sure how any modern rifle doesn’t have a serial number. They have been required for a very long time. They may put it somewhere odd like the tang , but it better have a SN else I’d give those boys a shout.

It’s gotta have a serial number… and yes, you could have giant issues at border or anywhere for that matter without one 🤣

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I'd call the Canadian border service guys from a pay phone. Lol good luck getting it across the border. Our gun laws are ridiculous.

CorbLand

WKR
Serial numbers can be whatever. Some of the custom action makers will do custom serials for you. It could be on there but not look like a typical serial. Just a thought.

CorbLand

WKR
It’s gotta have a serial number… and yes, you could have giant issues at border or anywhere for that matter without one 🤣
If you have one, don’t take it to Sportsmans. Dude took a legitimate, grandfathered in non serial number rifle and never got it back.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
It may be illegal, my nephew lives south of Milwaukee. you better take it down and give it to him. I will pick it up on my next trip back.

Highly doubt its missing a serial number. Its probably hiding on the bottom side of the receiver where you can't see it unless you remove it from the stock

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Feel like a schmuck. Since it's only a 3 digit number thought what's stamped on the action was the model # of the action. It's the serial number. Guess my poor a$$ shouldn't buy fancy custom guns unless I learn enough to be less ignorant