Custom rifle action options

Since defiance raised their prices so much, what are the other quality alternatives people are using now?

ID_Matt

WKR
Lone Peak has been my favorite, but that is who I have the most experience with. I have 3 fuzions in stainless and TI.

Other than that, Bat, Kelbly, and Terminus would be on my list. Or ARC's new action.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Kelbly would be where I think I’ll look next if looking for an action. They’ve been around a long time and know the business. Also maybe another Borden.

Wrench

WKR
The new ARC has my attention. It's a bit chubby, but checks so many boxes. If it could be lightened a bit, it would be really hard to best.

For a hunting rifle the Pierce Shadow is intriguing but never seen or operated one in person. Same with kelbly nanook. I'm a big fan of lone peak if you don't need the ultra light milled out action. Lots of good reviews on their Ti actions but I'd rather stick with steel. All of these are more interesting to me than defiance without price as a consideration.

BDWMT

FNG
Just looked over a Mesa action. Appears to be a great value for under $1k. I prefer my Ti Lone Peak over my Defiance AnTi.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
The new ARC has my attention. It's a bit chubby, but checks so many boxes. If it could be lightened a bit, it would be really hard to best.
Came here to post this as well. The Coup de gras action is still available to pre order at the introductory price of 900. I think it's a screamin deal.

ARC said they are working on a lightweight hunter version. Depends on what you're looking for out of the rifle and how fast you want it.

Harvey_NW

WKR
For a hunting rifle the Pierce Shadow is intriguing but never seen or operated one in person.
My next action will be a Pierce. They were recommended to me by a gunsmith and he says they're really hard to beat for the options and price. LA weight is 22.4oz, and they come coated.

Just looked over a Mesa action. Appears to be a great value for under $1k. I prefer my Ti Lone Peak over my Defiance AnTi.
That recommendation from the gunsmith came when I asked if he had any experience with the Mesa, he said they operate fine but aren't near as smooth as the Pierce, or others. Said the only advantage was the lesser bolt throw if you prefer that, and the handle is pretty abrasive on the hand when running the bolt. Food for thought.