CZ 527 barreled action weight.

Hey all I need some help. I'm trying to figure out which is lighter a barreled action from a CZ 527 or a Howa mini action. Does anyone have a CZ 527 that they would mind weighing just the barreled action and magazine for me? (Any model or caliber will work, I can extrapolate from there) I can't find the info anywhere on the internet or here. I'm wanting to build a really light woods rambling gun in 7.62x39. I would be happy with either gun and I'm sure both will shoot accurate enough. It would really help me out thanks everybody. Also if there are any other mini action type things out there in 7.62x39 that I am missing I would love to hear about your thoughts.

I'm assuming ur looking at the carbine?

Used to have that rifle, friend has the mini.

Cz for me was an iron sights only rig.. that comb and high bolt throw makes scoping not ideal. Backwards safety doesn't seem like a big deal but it does suck.

The howa is a hell of a gun for the money. Shoots well and if you slim down the stock it's quite a bit lighter then then the cz

Not much for aftermarket stocks, for the hassle and the price of restocking a kimber adorondack in 300 blackout would be a better setup and be "better"

My money it'd be a howa cut down barrel and slimmed down stock and topped with an swfa 1-4

OP
statikpunk
Ooo I didn't know kimber made the Adirondack in 300 blackout. That could be a possibility.
The only reason I have been looking at the CZ is because it's controlled round feed (which I like if I can get it) plus the action just seems a little more svelte than the Howa mini but I have never been able to compare them side by side. As far as stock goes that doesn't matter. It's going to get a carbon fiber no matter what. Which does put it in the same ballpark price wise as the Adirondack. Thanks something else to think about there.

At that rate go kimber for sure man..

dont overlook the 223 Montana tho either.

All that said Still can't think of anything handier and cheaper and lighter then a 16" ar15 tho. A gwacs lower, velocity trigger with a psa pencil upper and lightweight bcg and buffer system should weight about 4.25 pounds and cost 500$ or so.

Tim from enlightened equipment build one 3 pounds in a Grendel package.

But I savvy the appeal of a bolt gun with a bigger bullet, just not sure it's "better"

I hink you can find an adirondack for 1300 or so

Hornady ammo runs 12$ a box and cheap reloads are 7$$

Flip flop pad, 4x scope and ur in business around 5.25 lbs or so

Sell the stock and switch it for the moffat special and ur down about 4.6 or so.

OP
statikpunk
I did play with the idea of doing an AR pistol in 300 blackout. I would get most of the velocity and it would be screaming light. But ARs just don't do it for me. I do already load for 300 BO though. I have the ruger American version. Which I like and it shoots good it's just a heavy bulky beast. I think I could build something a lot more "sophisticated"
I do think I might start looking around for an Adirondack in blackout.

OP
statikpunk
Of course it's also not lost on me that I already own a model 94 Winchester trapper in 30-30, which is already good out to 200 yards on most any game in North America, weighs less than six pounds, and can be hand loaded for dirt cheap. But hey, the heart wants what the heart wants :)

OP
statikpunk
I'm using 110 grain hornady v max with 23 grains of CFE black which is very compressed in my repurposed military 5.56 cases and I'm getting 2114 fps . I'm sure you could drop a little more powder in a standard case

BigWoods

WKR
It sounds like your looking at the more svelt end of things, but do take a look at the Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39. I picked one up this past fall and it's a shooter...printing multiple 1" 3 shot groups at 100yds with cheap Tula ammo and a Vortex Venom red Dot on top. The Hornady 123gr sst loads do even better. With the red Dot, it comes in right around 6lbs.

With you, I had my eye on the cz572 carbine for a while, but wanted something more weather resistant and easier to carry one handed at the ballance point. When Ruger announced the 7.62 ranch, it checked a lot of boxes for me. It's a blast to shoot and it carries well in the deer woods. Whatever finish Ruger is using has held up really well to nasty weather. I hunted a couple days in the snow and rain with no special care for the rifle and it didn't show any rust spots.

OP
statikpunk
Yeah I actually already have one in 300 blackout. It's a fine gun I'm just wanting something smaller and lighter.