Day 19 off sugar, grains and booze observations

ChrisA

WKR
Yes, it's only been 19 days but it's about 18 days longer than I've went without booze since 1994 or so; sans basic training.

I've been training regularly too and noticed today that my posture is much better and I feel like I'm walking very upright. I'm down to 201 lbs from 215. Would like to hit 190 but that's gonna take some time and determination.

Still have cravings and am trying to figure out how not to crash in the afternoon.

Hope I can keep it up for a while or the rest of my life.

Cheers,

Chris

That's awesome, keep it up. I try not to drink during weekdays, but always have trouble avoiding th patio cocktails with the wife or neighbors on the weekends. I always feel better and sleep better when I haven't had any alcohol.

Weekender

WKR
Great job!!! Start liking tea it helps in the evenings. I hit 208 this winter when I said shit time to lose the booze and adjust the diet. Back down to 195 which is a very comfortable weight for my built. Might do another 5lbs not to pressed for it. Good luck you'll feel so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try adding some more fats into your diet to curb the afternoon crash. Awesome job and keep on keepin on.

Grumman

WKR
Congrats man! I found when giving up sugar my taste actually changed. I used to be one of those Mt. Dew addicts but after ditching soft drinks for 6 months now I can't stand even a taste of them or a candy bar. I agree tea and coffee help with the afternoon lull for me.

OP
ChrisA

ChrisA

WKR
Thanks for the encouragement. I bought a Mountain Ops combo and that has given me a purpose. I also seem to be getting more done around the farm.

I gave up soda 25 years ago so at least I didn't have to break that habit. Probably made up for no soda with plenty of beer and liquor.

Thanks again,

Chris

Last edited:

RCR

Lil-Rokslider
Great job! Try taking yeast cleanse for a while if you keep craving the sugars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slow

FNG
Congrats! I gave up any and all booze January a year ago. Can't believe the difference it's made. Realized I only thought I was in good shape then compared to now. The lack of alcohol initially made me crave sugar. Both cravings will go away with time. Good luck! It's worth it.

OP
ChrisA

ChrisA

WKR
4 weeks today. As luck would have it my manure spreader broke and I blew a hydraulic hose on loader tractor today. Need to get oats in and finish hauling manure so I can plant corn. Man I feel like a beer or whiskey. Think I'll just shoot some arrows instead.

Cheers,

Chris

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't drink all that much to begin with but 7 days ago I started paleo and went low carb too. The first 4 days were brutal but things are leveling off now so I must be getting ketogenic now. I'm still craving breads and sugars but not as bad now and I'm not nearly as hungry all the time like I was at first. I need to lose 30 lbs and I'm hoping paleo will help with joint pain.

cocky84

WKR
Congrats. I also gave up mt dew a little over a month ago. It was hard at first but when i did my cravings for all sugar seemed to go away. One thing you might try in the evening is a protein shake. Only reason I suggest it is because i too like a cold beer in the evening but after i run i drink a protein shake and after one of those a beer taste like shit! Or at least for me it does.

HookUp

WKR
Nothing wrong with eating some sugar. A candy bar, cookie or scoop of ice cream can really lift ones spirits. As you diet your hormones begin to scream at you to eat some more calories. All the high calorie stuff will talk the loudest. Your cravings will go away and you'll eventually change how you feel. But try and sneak in 10-20% of your daily calories in the form of whatever you want. I prefer to be militant monday-friday lunch. Then eat a few more calories including a couple desserts on the weekends. If I eat desserts everyday it just wouldn't work for me and I don't feel as good after eating sugar. My skinny wife on the other hand eats cookies, candy, etc. everyday and just watches her total calories and remains very thin. Try and find what works for you and remember weight is regained at the speed it is lost!!