Day 19 off sugar, grains and booze observations

OP
ChrisA

ChrisA

WKR
Well I finally broke down and had some Fry Magic dusted on some walleye we fried last Sunday night. Then I had about a dozen French fries Saturday night. Other than that, I've remained sugar, grain and alcohol free for six weeks today. Am down to 195.

For the last week to ten days I've been kinda out of gas in the morning and not getting up super early like I did the first month of this. I've become pretty short tempered too and maybe that's the testosterone from the OX? My wife said quit taking that shit but I haven't.

I'm stubborn enough that I can go without sweets, sugar, and grains. I'd sure like to have a rye whiskey on the rocks though but I'm afraid that it would become a regular occurrence again.

What is kinda frustrating is the constant hungry feeling and i always feel like snacking. Seems like I'm always grabbing cashews and grapes and dried plantains and almonds to munch on. At least it's not little Debbie's though.

Added: I did the Mountain Ops ultimate combo for the first month then ran out. I got some more yeti, OX and Phoenix but am not on their magnum, renu and multi vitamin. Not sure that's why I'm a little drained or if I've lost the excitement or what. Open for suggestions.

Chris

Last edited:
I'm sorry I can't speak to the Mtn. Ops stuff, but like you I have altered my diet a lot over the past 5 months. I have figured out that on a weekend when I'm meal prepping (grilling meat for the week) I do like having a beer. I keep it to 1 though. I started playing around with the Eat to Perform website and also talking with people who understand nutrition. I've never been one to measure food or be super strict on food, but for the next couple of months I'm really tightening up my eating. It sounds like you are grabbing the right type of snack, you will go through times when you are more burned out than others. I would make sure you are eating within a half hour of getting up. Eat a banana or drink a protein shake. For me coffee is a must to suppress hunger as well as get me going in the morning. I'm a firm believer on cheat meals so once a week or once a month plan on a meal that you are going to eat and don't worry if it's fried or has grain or sugar. Sounds like you need to stay away from the booze if you don't think you can stop at the one cheat meal.

Great job. I always snacked on baby carrots and light string cheese to keep the hunger pangs away. 10 of the baby carrots are like 40 calories. I always had to eat about every two hours.

I just have to get motivated. Glad you still are.

I noticed i was way grumpy when I did a lot of whey protien. Still do it in moderation, but I was doing 4 servings a day at one point.