Deep fryer

Weldor

WKR
I bought a deep fryer for Tractor supply (cheap on clearence) 2 pans stand and burner $60. Works great. My problem is for just 2 of us it's alot of oil to store. Deep fried Deer or Elk liver is outstanding, plus heart is great also.

LostArra

WKR
Bayou Classic burner.
Dutch oven for multiple batches of fish or wings
5 gallon pot for boils like crawfish, crabs or Low Country boils
10.5 gallon pot for brewing beer.
Complete multitasking unit.

No indoor mess or some other counter top space-eating gadget

I have used a few different fryers and I always end up back with my cast iron dutch or high sided fry pan with a wire basket type spatula/ laddle.
I will admit I don't cook for more than a few people. Cajun fryer is what I will try next if I ever have the need to cook for a crowd or more often.
I’m a southern cook so cornmeal breading is a standard.

Reactions: ODB

bpa556

FNG

I’m from GA and we fry every damn thing. I’m on my second one of these at my hunting cabin (4 gallon model). They’re expensive but you can use your cooking oil for months so the cost savings adds up over time. It’s basically a restaurant grade cooker. The heating element is above the base so as the excess flour/cornmeal, etc falls off it settles in the bottom “V” but doesn’t scorch. Scorched and burned grease is what leads to bad tasting fried food. I highly recommend this unit. You will impress the shit out of folks with this bad boy.

^^He’s right

I have the Bayou Classic version of his in stainless steel. Best…thing…ever for frying food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Great info. And no worries lads, I won’t be eating fried food 5x a week, but as has been stated, when you want fried, you want fried. Now to research those mentioned…

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
Cajun fryer. Design doesn't burn the oil causing it to be replaced all the time. They make a variety of sizes from small single basket to multi basket commercial unit. Easy to maintain oil temp and never oily, soggy food. Biggest PIA with any fryer is cleaning. I've had mine close to 10 years and zero problems. I have 4 buddies that have bought them after seeing ours. I can't say enough good about them.