Deep Six Broadhead Discussion

Shot the Injection shafts for the first time this year and shot the 4-blade Slick Trick 100 grain heads. Sixty pounds with a 27 draw length. Killed a bull with a broadside slightly quartering to me shot. The arrow did not exit, but completely entered the chest and I think hung up in the hind quarter. It was a massive blood trail and the bull didn't make sixty yards. Probably the quickest I've had a bull die. Arrows shot to the same point of impact as my field tips out to fifty yards. Definitely was impressed with how quick the bull went down. Used to shoot 85 grain 3-blade thunderheads for years with good success, but will stick to the Slick Trick heads now - I am sold.

Awesome! Good to hear. Those quartering-to shots can be tricky.

I didn't make it out to hunt this past season, but 2013 I tagged a bull at 47 yards broadside, double-lung pass-through shot and never found the arrow. Went back twice and never found the arrow... Slick trick on CX shaft out of a '09 bowtech admiral at 72#.

I've got my eye on Wac'em broadheads though. They're a well built head and I hear they may have deep six on their radar.

Awesome! Good to hear. Those quartering-to shots can be tricky.

I didn't make it out to hunt this past season, but 2013 I tagged a bull at 47 yards broadside, double-lung pass-through shot and never found the arrow. Went back twice and never found the arrow... Slick trick on CX shaft out of a '09 bowtech admiral at 72#.

I've got my eye on Wac'em broadheads though. They're a well built head and I hear they may have deep six on their radar.

I bought the Easton Deep Six FMJ arrows last season and then realized I had to use a deep six compatible head. It was the first seaseon I went with a mechanical blade versus a fixed and I used the Rage Hypodermic with great results on a 30 yard shot on bull. I put two arrows thru him as he stood there and let me get a sesond off. I don't know if it was the arrow or the head or the combination of the two but I got two pass thrus and an easy recovery.

Back