Sold Deer rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex68w

WKR
Looking for a turnkey deer rifle for Texas hill country deer. Looking to get a relative setup quickly. Not biased to any caliber so let me know what you've got.

I didn't see a reply.

Fixed.

If you want a great caliber for deer hunting, this .270 is the way to go. If my .270 was in a bolt gun I probably would have stopped buying rifles 3 or 4 rifles ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

270 is certainly popular around here.

Texas Hillcounrty 243 6.5cm , 270

243 is probably the most common, followed by 270. I used a 22-250 for years and a 257wby as well. Still lots of 30-30's in use too, but 6.5CM has certainly taken over in recent years.

Fixed.

270 is certainly popular around here.

243 is probably the most common, followed by 270. I used a 22-250 for years and a 257wby as well. Still lots of 30-30's in use too, but 6.5CM has certainly taken over in recent years.
If it was me I'd go with the 6.5. It's a perfect deer cartridge and it's such a light recoiling rifle that you could let other people (and kids) shoot it without worrying about them becoming recoil sensitive.

I like a 270 but I don't see any compelling reasons to take one over a 6.5. I grew up with a 270...sold it pretty much as soon as I got my 6.5.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back