Delta $200 baggage fee for SKB bow case

KJH

WKR
I have status with delta (Gold Level) and i've never had an issue checking in or extra fees. I am using the premier checking lines, so maybe they are more lax / accommodating.

Same experience here.

Delta Airlines hit me for a $200 oversized fee on an SKB double bow case today. I check bags of similar size roughly 10x a year. Typically its bow and double rifle cases but sometimes it's golf or snowboarding stuff. I've never been charged this before.

I checked with their help desk in the airport after clearing TSA and was told that they typically wave the fee for sporting equipment as long as additional clothes aren't mixed in with sporting equipment. After reading deltas policy it in fact includes additional oversized fees for archery that it doesn't mention for firearms or other sporting goods.. WTF! Guess I'll need to book with other carriers or pack a pistol every time in the bow hardcase.

the only time i have ever paid extra for baggage fees is when my coolers weighed more than 50lbs

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
I fly Delta 40 - 50 legs per year and never had an issue with oversized items (Pelican 1750), Rod tubes, other sporting equipment. I plan to test this again in August for a speed goat hunt in Montana.