Denali Moose - Illegally Killed

It sounds like the judge stepped way over his authority. But what do I now?
Man I don’t know, pretty slick way to keep them from hunting anywhere in the world. Judge can’t keep them from hunting out of the country but it would break their probation. And if they break probation he can hand them a more strict sentence for hunting the US.

gbflyer

WKR
I was always under the impression that the state of Alaska prosecuted game violations. Learn something new every day. I wonder if the state will have a go at them next?

They broke federal laws, understandable that the feds went after them. I don't believe it is a crazy sentence, more in line with a reasonable sentence for those that willingly poach moose and attempt to cover it up.

I have hunted that area. Anybody that does so, they should know they are hunting on the edge of a national park and that they need to have their ducks in a row and know exactly what they are doing and where they are at. This wasn't a case of them shooting a moose on the state land, and having it subsequently run into the park. They should have known better and their efforts to cover up an illegal kill justify a substantial sentence.