Diaper bags

16Bore

WKR
And one more thing. If the little one decides to be stubborn and doesn't want to come out.....well, what got them in there will get them out. Just be prepared to answer "yes" to the nurse when they ask "have you had intercourse within the past 24 hours?"

I answered without hesitation in a Barry White voice, "Oh yeah, baby......"

Break the ice with the nurses, bring them treats, and they'll bend over backwards for you guys.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
And one more thing. If the little one decides to be stubborn and doesn't want to come out.....well, what got them in there will get them out. Just be prepared to answer "yes" to the nurse when they ask "have you had intercourse within the past 24 hours?"

I answered without hesitation in a Barry White voice, "Oh yeah, baby......"

Break the ice with the nurses, bring them treats, and they'll bend over backwards for you guys.

Lol copy my friend.
I'll bring some goodies for the staff there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...unsolicited baby delivery advice:

1. Popsicles - The ice chips and fake apple juice and fake cranberry juice apparently lose their appeal quickly. If the process takes a little longer, popsicles can provide some relief. Don't buy any with fruit chunks. Buy several different kinds. You may have found that there is a small chance that your wife's preferences have shifted during pregnancy and she's somewhat more deeply vested in small things. When the time comes, write your name on the box of popsicles and throw all of the popsicles into a cooler for the hospital. Give them to the nurses. You will have the popsicles that your wife likes. You will have gotten rid of the popsicles that she doesn't like. AND the nurses will think you are a great guy because you brought popsicles for the other women. As 16Bore commented, it will come back to you.

2. Pillows - Go buy some inexpensive pillows and pillow cases. Make sure to wash them. You can stuff four into a duffle and have it setting aside for go-time. As you get closer to the date, you will find that pillow engineering becomes more important. Hospital pillows suck. As it's happening, she's going to want a pillow here, then there. Just move them back and forth as directed and be glad that you have something to do other than stand there and sweat.

3. Music - Bring music. The wife will enjoy the distraction in between contractions. The nurses are grateful for it and will linger a bit and be more accessible. When your wife requests that you play something specific, it will give you something to do other than stand there and sweat.

4. Extra clothes - Throw a couple of changes of clothes, some baby wipes, scent-free deodorant/antiperspirant, toothbrush and toothpaste in a duffle. If the commute takes longer than expected (it happens), you might be standing around, sweating, for a while. Duck into the bathroom between contractions and do a quick change every eight to twelve hours. Some pregnant women get really sensitive to odors. You might want her looking at you as the caring, loving father of her child...not some rank, mouth breathing, beast that got her into this.

5. Focus - Retain your mental acuity regardless of how tired you are. Offhand remarks can upset women in labor. Be careful and consider your words. With our first, my wife had to go through a C-section after about 50 hours. She was tired. I was tired. I was standing next to her head, holding onto her hand as she shook from the effects of the anesthesia and she worked to suppress the nausea. I was looking over the tent/barrier watching the procedure. The doctor and anesthesiologist both expressed concern about me standing because a certain percentage of the population seeing an operation will pass out. I reassured them that I'd be fine. "I field dress and break down animals with regularity"...