Digiscoping options for athlon ares 85mm?

Gone4Days

WKR
Magview. The S1 spotter adapter fits. If you are on Expert Voice, 50% discount

Was looking at Ollin but they do not offer any options for athlon optics. What’s is everyone using for this spotter ?
I called Athlon today and got the exact outer diameter of the eye piece of the 15-45. Called Gohunt and they figured out that the diamondback version is very close. May need a piece of moleskin to snug it tight.

I’ll report back once I have it installed with the results.

rcb2000

WKR
I wrote Olin to see if they had a list of adapter sizes since they don’t make one my for Athlon either.
With calipers I measured mine at 56mm, will try the Razor gen 2.

AE716DA3-F4F3-4869-A448-D88D1341EEFC.jpeg

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Scopecam so far. Fits my Athlon Cronus 20-60x86 G1 and binos (should fit anything) without adapters. Their new magnetic system looks interesting.

IdahoHntr

WKR
Highly recommend the Scopecam. I’ve had the old version for several years and loved how interchangeable it was, new spotting scope, binos, and phone and used the same setup without buying anything. Recently upgraded to the new magnetic version to make things a little quicker and it is super simple and exactly what I hoped it would be.

Especially for the price and versatility, there isn’t a better system out there IMO.

Last edited:

cck

FNG
Highly recommend the Scopecam. I’ve had the old version for several years and loved how interchangeable it was, new spotting scope, binos, and phone and used the same setup without buying anything. Recently upgraded to the magnetic to make things a little quicker and it is super simple and exactly what I hoped it would be.

Especially for the price and versatility, there isn’t a better system out there IMO.
I’m also interested in that system, but wasn’t sure how much I’d like having to worry about the external parts and having to grab them out of my pack. I liked how the Magview was so minimal and both parts were attached to the scope and the phone without having to reach for anything else. Still very interested, but because of that I almost want to like the Magview more it seems like.

IdahoHntr

WKR
I’m also interested in that system, but wasn’t sure how much I’d like having to worry about the external parts and having to grab them out of my pack. I liked how the Magview was so minimal and both parts were attached to the scope and the phone without having to reach for anything else. Still very interested, but because of that I almost want to like the Magview more it seems like.
Understandable. The mag view and Olin systems do look slick and quick. Just pretty limited on options right now.

I carry the scope adapter in my pocket or hip pouch and can have it on there in seconds. I also like that I’ve been able to get pictures through a buddies spotter or use it with my binos when I’m packing light without a spotter for extra zoom. In the end the multiple optics versatility makes it work about perfect for me, but that isn’t the most important thing to everyone.

Reactions: cck
I can confirm the Ollin diamondback works for the Ares 15-45x65. It took a few strips of athletic tape around the rim of the eyepiece but it’s snug and works great.

OP
chaser_2332

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had a few days with now and it does work, however there are a few things i dislike about it. You still have to find the sweet spot every-time which isn’t a huge deal but with the perfect focus and phone sideways it wanted to slide down some. Im guessing I’ll have to move the flip cover at more of an angle but the your phone will also be at an angle and not a true 90*