DIY game bags

SmotPoker

FNG
Was wondering if anyone here knew what type of materials the modern ultralight game bags (argali etc) are made from? Would probably save a lot of coin sewing them myself. Thank you :)

WoodBow

WKR
You can just use uncoated ripstop nylon. The fabric is rated by what I weighs per square yard. You can make them as heavy or light duty as you want. I'd recommend around 1.1 oz fabric.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
S

SmotPoker

FNG
Thanks for the inpout. I live in Hawaii and it's very humid. Will the light .7-1.3 ripstop nylons breath enough to allow meat bags to drain and allow some air circulation? @WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
They will drain as long as you get uncoated fabric. Air circulation isn't really a thing in a game bag but they will be able to breathe if that's what you mean. You should have no issues. I assume you will be packing any meat out same day.

OP
S

SmotPoker

FNG
They will drain as long as you get uncoated fabric. Air circulation isn't really a thing in a game bag but they will be able to breathe if that's what you mean. You should have no issues. I assume you will be packing any meat out same day.

Sometimes meat will hang for the night and be hiked out in the morning. But generally meat is hiked out same day. Thanks again for the .02$