DIY Kifaru Tut Tipi!

This will be a 2 man set up so the extra weight won't be an issue plus the width will make more room for gear and stove. I like how simple of a design it is since I haven't done much sewing in a long time. Looking forward to it for a spring project.
Just ordered up all the parts and pieces for a diy stove for it too. Love this site for all the great info!

OP
C

Ctalboom

FNG
Sorry haven't checked on the thread in awhile. 530chukar I bought a stove jack from bearpawwd.com. Lacofdfireman I bought 15 yards and I think it took right about 11. C Bow ive been considering it, I'll let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry haven't checked on the thread in awhile. 530chukar I bought a stove jack from bearpawwd.com. Lacofdfireman I bought 15 yards and I think it took right about 11. C Bow ive been considering it, I'll let you know!

Put me in line if you decide to sell these

Willow

FNG

Don't say I didn't warn you...lol!

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

I have been following this thread for a while now. All of this DIY is very interesting. I'm always up for a new challenge. I've made my own brass annealing machine as well as brass tumbler using stainless steel pins. I've also got a Mom who has mad sewing skills based on the number of quilts she had given out over the years.

Anyway, what about a tipi that has about 2 feet of vertical before the tipi starts? Sorta like a tipi sitting on a square pedestal, when viewed from the outside. Would this work at all mathematically? Would it allow for more space on the inside because you could put a sleeping bag all the way to the side. Would there be any benefit? Anyways, just a thought. But I'll probably be starting a tipi building project in my near future.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have been following this thread for a while now. All of this DIY is very interesting. I'm always up for a new challenge. I've made my own brass annealing machine as well as brass tumbler using stainless steel pins. I've also got a Mom who has mad sewing skills based on the number of quilts she had given out over the years.

Anyway, what about a tipi that has about 2 feet of vertical before the tipi starts? Sorta like a tipi sitting on a square pedestal, when viewed from the outside. Would this work at all mathematically? Would it allow for more space on the inside because you could put a sleeping bag all the way to the side. Would there be any benefit? Anyways, just a thought. But I'll probably be starting a tipi building project in my near future.

I believe that would depend on the conditions you would be using it in, and not sure how the sides below where the tipi begins would stay vertical. Unless you used guy out lines at that point, which i guess is possible. the issue would be if you had a snow load, that could prevent problems.

I believe that would depend on the conditions you would be using it in, and not sure how the sides below where the tipi begins would stay vertical. Unless you used guy out lines at that point, which i guess is possible. the issue would be if you had a snow load, that could prevent problems.
I was thinking the guy out lines would start where the vertical ended and the tipi started. But you're probably right about snow load causing a problem. It would definitely create a sagging point. Oh well, just a thought.

So, I'm kind of milling this whole DIY tipi thing over, and it is starting to make perfect sense to try this myself. I know I want a floorless/stove combo, but I would not consider using that setup for the vast majority of the year at the places I frequent here in Arkansas. For one, the mosquitos in eastern AR can stand flat-footed and (insert youre favorite F word here) a turkey. And 2, fire ants are a big problem here. Even if it's cold, when something radiates heat close to the ground, they come out of dormancy. So, it makes too much sense to not at least try to make my own and save 500 bucks...
I know precisely squat about sewing. Would this exact TUT replica project require a certain size of machine or anything special to get it done? I assume the sil ny would be easy besides slipping around, but what about sewing through the tie out webbing or the zipper?