DIY Top Quilt-Costco

ORmuleys

WKR
I have been on hammock forums.net and see a lot of DIY top quilts made from Double Black Diamond brand down throws purchased at Costco for $20. Has anyone tried this? Looks extremely easy and cheap to make. I haven't seen any here at our local Costco. Does anyone have one or two they aren't using or have seen one recently at a Costco? Thanks in advance.
Jon

I am from Canada,i did DIY this quilt with the blanket from costco and i really like it.Took me about 10 min,drawcord at the end,i used grossgrain for the creation of the cord tunnel and paracord.
124dea17eac83e55f52e01e98f663328.jpg
6ced8e70231d84d91c8bf8c7080f4ad9.jpg

Looks good. That looks similar to what I have in mind. I just need to find a few of these down throws. Thanks Reaper

This looks really cool to me, but I'm nowhere near a Costco and the Amazon price is way higher!

I'd be glad to pay someone to snag a couple of these and ship them to me if that's a possibility.

thanks,
Jeff

Old thread revival lol!!!
I was doing some gear cleaning and found my DIY Costco quilt and thought than ill be using it this year for fly fishing trips.Lightweight set-up,kifaru paratarp with annex+exped pillow+costco quilt+sol bivy+insulate ecotek outdoors sleeping pad.Just not really fun trying to get inside but its tight and its keeping me warm.

Less weight,more miles.
a635c3772bd29bcbae76a86200c5d3f7.jpg
1d9c3d6f537ddb24676304a31b2e7a11.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Old thread revival lol!!!
I was doing some gear cleaning and found my DIY Costco quilt and thought than ill be using it this year for fly fishing trips.Lightweight set-up,kifaru paratarp with annex+exped pillow+costco quilt+sol bivy+insulate ecotek outdoors sleeping pad.Just not really fun trying to get inside but its tight and its keeping me warm.

Less weight,more miles.
a635c3772bd29bcbae76a86200c5d3f7.jpg
1d9c3d6f537ddb24676304a31b2e7a11.jpg

How is the durability of that SOL bivy? I currently use the military issue gore-tex bivy. I would like to lighten my load but I am having a hard time figuring out what to go with.

I've considered the SOL Escape or Escape pro, the new Outdoor Research Helium Emergency bivy, OR Helium or OR Alpine.

Reasons I am having trouble pulling the trigger:

- the weight savings needs to be sufficient enough to replace a piece of gear that I have 100% trust in. I've lived in this thing in complete downpours.

- I've heard that the Pertex Fabric the OR Helium uses is not water proof and can leak in a big downpour.

- I am considered about the durability of these lower weight bivys

How is the durability of that SOL bivy? I currently use the military issue gore-tex bivy. I would like to lighten my load but I am having a hard time figuring out what to go with.

I've considered the SOL Escape or Escape pro, the new Outdoor Research Helium Emergency bivy, OR Helium or OR Alpine.

- the weight savings needs to be sufficient enough to replace a piece of gear that I have 100% trust in. I've lived in this thing in complete downpours.

- I've heard that the Pertex Fabric the OR Helium uses is not water proof and can leak in a big downpour.

Only use this SOL bivy inside a shelter,its more to protect my down sleeping quilt.I think you need better than the SOL.

take a look on these bivy : https://ca-2gosystems.glopalstore.com/collections/sleep-systems

Back