Do you hunt or plan on hunting out of state?

Do you hunt out of state or are you planning to hunt out of state?

• Yes

Votes: 163 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 11.9%

• Total voters

rw79

FNG
On my other thread, "why the non-resident hate, let's fix it." Many hunters want to decrease non-resident hunting even more than it is. My argument was to increase it everywhere and give everyone more opportunity instead of just hoarding your own state licenses. However, someone brought up a good point. Maybe lots of other people don't even care to hunt out a state which I personally don't get, maybe they don't have the money which is understandable. But I want to do a poll to see how many of us either hunt out of state or plan on hunting out a state.
I do one western hunt every year and I live in the midwest. Not sure how much longer I will be able to do that with all of the proposed and newer changes to state regs. I have been strongly considering getting more serious about spring black bear hunting out west since tags are so much easier to get.

Rich M

WKR
Well boys this has turned into a circus, we will see you around on other threads. Good luck to all of you in the draws, including non resident draws!

If yer gonna start threads, you gotta not get insulted and go whooshing off when folks don't agree.

How are we supposed to respect you seeing that you can't handle diff opinions?

I've hunted in 12 diff states, only 2 required applying for permits.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Well so far overwhelmingly everybody wants to hunt out of state so why the hell are we bitching and moaning to limit non-residents even more?

Because we've accepted that there are some hoops to jump through to hunt out of state and don't just think we should get equal rights to Residents of that state?

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Live in Maryland. I always do Virginia, Delaware, and Louisiana (where I’m from) and usually try to hit one western state and one international hunt / year. This year it’s NM and Argentina. 😀 Hopefully Milei doesn’t fire all the customs workers before I go lmao

Yes, I have hunted in many states. I try and meet a few locals online before I go to make sure I get a feel for the local courtesies. It has worked out well and I have made some great friends as well. So far I have been fortunate enough to hunt AK, WA, HI, ID, WY, CA, MN SC and Joined others in CO as well. Being Friendly polite goes along way.