Do you regret getting your suppressor?

Rooggvc

WKR
I have never used a suppressor. I was set on getting one, but now I am really questioning the cost. Are they really worth the money? What advantages do they offer other then reduced noise? Do any of you guys regret spending the money on one?

505Wapiti

WKR
Shooting with a brake on my rifles eventually became miserable to me from a noise standpoint, especially in the field in situations where I didn’t have time or forgot hearing protection. Now that my boys are hunting with me (13 & 11) it’s the best thing I’ve ever purchased.

sram9102

WKR
The only things I regret are trading one of the 22 cans I got for free on a deal for the local shop to run the paperwork of 3 other cans and not buying a magnum rated can for the 30 cal I have. My ears ring all the time at 31 and I don't want my kid to have to worry about that at all. We could have been more dedicated to ear pro in HS.

I regret not getting one sooner.

Everyone has different perspectives on what something is worth though. To me, the money wasnt even a consideration so it was never a "was it worth it" decision.

I would suggest you find someone with one and see if you think its worth it. They arent magic. The noise is reduced enough you wont hurt your ears. Recoil reduction is not as effective as a break. They make your rifle long. I think plenty of people feel they are not worth it. You may or may not be one of them.

I have never used a suppressor. I was set on getting one, but now I am really questioning the cost. Are they really worth the money? What advantages do they offer other then reduced noise? Do any of you guys regret spending the money on one?
If cost is an issue look at Witt machine!

Best prices you can find! The whole point is to make it affordable

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely the best firearm related purchase I’ve ever made. As stated above adds some length but totally worth it. The first day I shot mine last month I immediately started a new cookie jar to save for a second one

I regret them so much I've bought more than 5. Would like to buy more if funds come available in my future

406life

Lil-Rokslider
Why I shoot suppressed:
1. Hearing protection- this is a no brainer.
2. Stay on target-follow ups and watching animal are critical.
3. Don't disturb animals as much- easily take another shot if needed.
4. Tames recoil as well- softer shooting for my magnum.
5. Less angry neighbors- I use it in areas where I do population control and neighbors can get antsy.

ONLY CON- added weight at end of barrel, it tends to slide when I have it slung on my shoulder. Usually its on my pack so this isn't really an issue.

483c8dd4d77d499a0d5c6a8a1c306786.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I regret purchasing a few of mine only because they’re pieces of shit and I’ve dealt with some issues, had to have two of them modified by an aftermarket company for them to work properly, and still have one that’s a POS and Surefire won’t fix.

The good suppressors I own though I wouldn’t want to be without. They completely change the shooting and hunting experience.

My advice is don’t skimp. Buy the best that is available at the time for your application. You’re waiting a year or more and paying a $200 tax stamp on something that’s a PITA to sell if you ever do and you’d be lucky to get half of your money back so buying inferior suppressors isn’t a good idea.

For rifle cans I’d buy nothing but Thunderbeast or Q.

Margoot

FNG
I regret not paying attention to the market and waiting until Jan 2016 to setup my trust and actually buy the 5 suppressors I currently have in NFA jail. Now my wife wants one for her FN 57, so #6 will be bought soon.

Lawnboi

WKR
I regret not getting one earlier.

I do regret sort of the gemtech I bought but that’s not for any real reason, and the price was right. Just because it’s not exactly what I wanted.

Best advice I can give is to buy what you want, and from a good company. It’s a lifetime purchase.

What is your hearing worth?

I'd pay alot to be able to sit in silence again and not hear ringing. I wasnt raised with hearing protection, and the reality is, in real life hunting scenarios, there just isnt always time to put in hearing protection

I can't imagine not having a suppressor, and am annoyed I can't take mine with me to Canada next year

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
So I think what you’re all telling me is I need a suppressor 😂 . Thanks for all your guys feedback. You have definitely made me more comfortable with buying one. Thanks for the advice to on paying the extra to get a high quality one.

B23

WKR
Thanks for the advice to on paying the extra to get a high quality one.
There are a few things I would highly recommend.

1) Purchase one of the highest quality top rated 30 cal cans you can. For its all around size length/diameter/weight and suppression, IMO, the DA Nomad-LT is a really good can. The TBAC Magnus is slightly larger in dia. at 1.8 and a little longer at 9in but it's looking like that is a pretty badass 30cal can. A couple others make really good stuff too.

2) Don't even think about it, just do it, and order a good quality rimfire can, like TBAC 22TD or Dead Air Mask, at the same time you purchase your centerfire can. Putting a can on a rimfire of any kind just makes shooting them that much more fun.

And, as others have already mentioned, suppressors are like friggen potato chips, once you open the bag, you can't just have one. :)