Does this pack fit me?

pirogue

WKR
One pic angle looks like the waist strap/belt is poorly designed, in that the belt is sewn into the top half of the pad, letting the bottom of the pad flare out.

OP
D

Dirk Pitt

FNG
It still looks like you are wearing the hip belt too low. The middle of the belt should be in line with your navel. That will put it at the top of your pelvis rather than the middle or bottom of your pelvis. It should rest on the top of your pelvis, not around your pelvis.

I picked the pack up at Kifaru and this is how they taught me to wear it but I will raise it some and see how that feels. Right now the belt is 2/3 to 3/4 above my pelvis bones. That’s probably why it looks like it’s flaring out at the bottom also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked the pack up at Kifaru and this is how they taught me to wear it but I will raise it some and see how that feels. Right now the belt is 2/3 to 3/4 above my pelvis bones. That’s probably why it looks like it’s flaring out at the bottom also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirk,

If you are wearing it where the folks at Kifaru told you to then don't change a thing. It looked a little low to me from the photo but they obviously know where your hip bones are and I can only guess from the picture. Good luck with your upcoming backpack hunt and enjoy the Kifaru gear.

Larry

rfgreenwell

Lil-Rokslider
Dirk,
You look much more relaxed and comfortable wearing the kifaru duplex. The pack appears properly riding on your hip crest and the 26" stays give you plenty of lift. I think you will be very happy with the argali pack, but you also have the option to mount many other pack models on your frame should you wish to experiment. Happy rucking!

colersu22

WKR
Looks good, I am betting pirogue was referring to the Mystery Ranch pictures and not the new pictures of the Kifaru set up.

sr80

WKR
whats with the belt on that MR ? Looks like the belt padding is spitting out the bottom, is that because the belt is too big?? Ive never seen that before