Don't believe everything you see in Instagram etc(poaching)

This guy knew he was about to be pleading guilty in NSW and came over here for a big US tour. I wonder if his sponsors will continue to stay silent. Mr Greentree seems to have an ego that knows no bound.

TJfromTX

FNG
This should be very interesting to watch..... with all the Sponsors.... High Visibility Hunting Friends...... ect.
If convicted? can he enter the US? And even if he enters can he get licenses?

jspradley

WKR
This guy knew he was about to be pleading guilty in NSW and came over here for a big US tour. I wonder if his sponsors will continue to stay silent. Mr Greentree seems to have an ego that knows no bound.

I certainly hope his sponsors don't bury it, I like Greentree and think he has been overall positive for hunting up until now even if he is a bit loud and this is really disappointing but the coverup is always worse than the crime so the industry would be doing a huge disservice to hunting by continuing to promote him.

Btaylor

WKR
Just because someone is a poacher in their home country, what makes you think they would come here and poach too?:cool:

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
He is the problem with our great heritage of hunting! Social Media is all smoke and mirrors! FYI.... Hoyt also sponsors another convicted poacher..... but ol EV just wants to fit in...

JWP58

WKR
Insta heros ain't always what theyre cracked up to be. Dont worship false idols. At the end of the day insta-famous hunters are regular people, with flaws, just like you. The only difference is you probably dont whore your morals out for a buck.....(theres a pun in there)

Last edited:
I messaged Under Armour since they're the ones who had their logo plastered all over the truck he borrowed for a few months and got the canned response below:

"Thanks for the message. We share in your concern and have been in constant communication on the issue and will be releasing our formal statement when the conclusion of his case has been made public"

jspradley

WKR
I messaged Under Armour since they're the ones who had their logo plastered all over the truck he borrowed for a few months and got the canned response below:

"Thanks for the message. We share in your concern and have been in constant communication on the issue and will be releasing our formal statement when the conclusion of his case has been made public"

That's a pretty straightforward and responsible response, they can't put the dude on blast until all their ducks are in a row. I suspect they will pull the sponsorship, and deservedly so, since he plead guilty.

Btaylor

WKR
That's a pretty straightforward and responsible response, they can't put the dude on blast until all their ducks are in a row. I suspect they will pull the sponsorship, and deservedly so, since he plead guilty.

If there is a court record showing he plead guilty, the ducks are plucked.

jspradley

WKR
The corporate world doesn't work as fast as we would like for it to, if they say they will release a statement then they likely will. No sense raising pitchforks over information that doesn't even exist yet. I would be highly disappointed in UA if they did keep him around...

The corporate world doesn't work as fast as we would like for it to, if they say they will release a statement then they likely will. No sense raising pitchforks over information that doesn't even exist yet. I would be highly disappointed in UA if they did keep him around...

Very true. I'm generally very slow to grab my pitchfork, as I think people are way too quick to become outraged. But when the dude pleads guilty it's tough to say we didn't know how this was going to play out.

Last edited:

jspradley

WKR
Very true. I'm generally very slow to grab my pitchfork, as I think people are way too quick to become outraged. But when the dude pleads guilty it's tough to say we didn't know how this was going to play out.

I definitely understand it on an individual level but in our litiginous society big companies have a lot of due diligence to do before dumping people they have legally binding contracts with. I'm not a huge fan of UA as a hunting company but they have dumped people for WAY less who weren't even breaking any laws so I'd be surprised and very disheartened if they didn't ditch him.

UA hunt posted something on their Instagram yesterday afternoon about their moral code and ethics and then took it down after a couple minutes it was strange. First comment was "are you dropping Greentree or what? " Heh

He has been limiting and deleting comments on his IG. It's strange UA dropped the Bowmars pretty quick for legally killing a bear but not Greentree for doing something illegal. Maybe they are waiting until after he is sentenced to do something.

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
He has been limiting and deleting comments on his IG. It's strange UA dropped the Bowmars pretty quick for legally killing a bear but not Greentree for doing something illegal. Maybe they are waiting until after he is sentenced to do something.

The way I figure, the bowman incident had much more blowback with the general public which hurts UA’s core business, in addition the Bowmar’s influence is rather small so it made sense to cut them quick. Greentree’s issues on the other hand havent been covered by any main stream media and is pretty contained within the hunting industry. Additionally, Greentree has had a huge influence on their brand so they are going to take their time before cutting ties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e0fe5fa814829d17f18cfc59fc52e828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. The Bowmar’s are on a whole other level of stupidity. What they did was technically legal, but the way they handled the situation and carried themselves after the fact was a joke. Yet Hoyt, Traeger, Easton, and the like jump on them like a dog in heat simply because they have high numbers of social media followers and can reach large numbers of consumers.