Don't Post just to post

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Lots of new members here. Rokslide was made with the idea of teaching and learning. I understand that threads do get off topic and it's fun to jab each other a bit. But please try to keep your post somewhat relevant to the OP's topic!

have walked away from more than one forum because of this very nonsense. cliques and social teas really have no place here cause they always lead to bashing and trashing. hope this place is around for a long time, really enjoy it.

YES.. still the only forum im on because it hasent devolved into the mess others have. nothing wrong with members reminding the newer ones why this site is different,and how to keep it that way

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ya SHTF, like that :eek:

Ryan and I didn't even talk about this but he musta been reading my mind. We love to hear from everyone, but if it's hijacking a post AND a worthy topic, respect the OP and start another thread please.

Thanks to all who practice this already

Manosteel

WKR
I don't even respond to most threads now, enough people doing that, especially when your opinion is disregard off hand, I don't provide advice to justify why I do what I do. unfortunately I am not the only one who has been here for a while not posting as much.

Murdy

WKR
One thing I think causes this is the reluctance of many to give advice to a newbie. I can't say that I've seen it here, but have on plenty of other hunting forums, where a person registers and has only a few posts and asks hunting advice about some state or area. The reaction ranges from ignoring the poster to open hostility. Again, not saying this happens here (I'd say it's common elsewhere though), but there are surely many who come over from other sites who have experienced (or at least seen) such behavior, and want to establish some credibility and name recognition before they start asking questions. This probably leads to a certain amount of chatter as people attempt to establish a presence on the forum. That said, I don't know what you can do about it.

Jimbob

WKR
Love this post and how you guys do things here. I have been around since the beginning but only post when I feel I have something to offer. More often than not someone else with more experience has already commented so no reason for me to just bump up my post count.

Most of us can usually learn a lot more when our mouths are shut.

TJ

WKR
There are some topics that have no place on this forum.

My opinion, religion and political crap.

Leads to nothing but arguing and hateful comments. Just my opinion.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some threads are great for chasing rabbits and the OP makes it clear it's all in good fun, like shreks treks, but when serious information threads go awry because of nonsense comments then the forum gets quickly diluted.