Double Pin Sight

CiK01

WKR
I have a MBG single pin sight. I like the single pin because of the uncluttered sight picture. That said, I am really wanting to try the Spot Hogg Double Pin sight because it has the uncluttered sight picture with a double pin.

Are there any creative tricks out there I can do to my MBG sight to DIY myself into a double pin sight with it, or should I just bite the bullet on the Spot Hogg?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Hogg father double pin and absolutely love it. I really don’t notice it there, but super handy in a pinch

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That said, I am really wanting to try the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie Double Pin sight because it has the uncluttered sight picture with a double pin.

You could go to the uncluttered sight picture with the 7 pin.;) Actually I don't even notice any clutter when I'm shooting. All I see is the pin I need.

BigWoods

WKR
I have a single pin Apex Covert sight that I put a dab of bright green nail polish on the pin. It adds 10 yards and would work with a reasonable amount of precision in a pinch. You could always try it for proof of concept and scrape it off if its not your thing.

dnjat

FNG
agree with BigWoods. Add a spot of paint on the post and get a reference for what yardage it is. then put a mark on the indicator of the slide to represent the new distance

LukasHB

FNG
Spot hogg fast eddie xl 2pjn. You won’t regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which single pin sight? Might be able to swap the single pin housing for a 3 pin. Either drop the bottom pin to the bottom and use it for range estimation, or remove it. Might be cheaper than purchasing a new sight. This coming from someone who hasn't shot a MBG. I shoot SH. But if you are familiar with it no reason not to stay with it. Try putting a mark on your post first, then decide what you want to do.

Noticed after I posted this it's over a month old. Wonder what was decided?

Gumbo

WKR
If I was going to buy a two-pin setup (which I fortunately don't have to yet, I still can shoot 6), I would strongly consider getting a 3-pin sight and removing one pin so that you can have them both sighted in at specific distances. Having a 37 yard pin, or whatever random distance the second pin ended up being, sounds like it would almost always require some ridiculous kentucky windage in fast shooting situations. My eyes are going downhill too, so that is a situation that might require fewer pins at some point in the near future for me too. Frankly, that is the only reason I could see a two-pin setup being advantageous.

Stalker69

WKR
I just set my single pin so that the spot that want to hit sits on top of the “ ball” at 20 yards, at 30 the “ ball” covers the spot I want to hit. 40 hold over so the “ ball” is right above the spot. Normally I have time to dial if I shoot at at forty or beyond. 90% of my shots are 30 and under, or i try to get closer until I am in that range. I love having a single pin, went from 7 to 5 to 3 to 2 and now have one, love it. And yes my eyes are not what they used to be either, that part sucks.

CJF

WKR
One more vote for the double pin. The last 2 years I've shot elk with the second pin.

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
Noticed after I posted this it's over a month old. Wonder what was decided?

:) I haven't moved on this yet. I have some work to do on the current setup to get it dialed in before I move anything. I am leaning towards putting a dab of hi-vis paint on the post though just to extend the range at little bit. Past 40 yards and I am not going to worry too much and just adjust the slider if needed.

Castronova

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a single pin also and was just looking at the Spot Hogg double pin. Seems perfect.

Stalker69

WKR
I just received my spott Hogg tommy hog, I am thinking I should have went HHA and modified it again. I am not impressed in the least. I am going to give it a go sense I bought it, but it don’t make me feel real good about it.

I just received my spott Hogg tommy hog, I am thinking I should have went HHA and modified it again. I am not impressed in the least. I am going to give it a go sense I bought it, but it don’t make me feel real good about it.

Curious what you don't like about it? I have several and think they are very well built. Can't think what you wouldn't be impressed with. Might be you prefer a different style, but they are definitely well constructed.

Stalker69

WKR
I don’t know how to explain it, it feels more like a “ stamped “ piece, rather then a “ machined” piece. Tolerances don’t seem to be nearly as tight as HHA. But I don’t have it mounted on the bow yet ( still waiting on it to arrive) so maybe once it is I will change my mind, will see. Even the “ clicks” seem sloppier though, if that makes sense.

I haven't messed with HHA in a while, maybe their quality improved. But I don't think that any of the top of the line sights are made any better. I'm not saying SH is leaps and bounds ahead of anyone, just that all the high end ones are pretty equal in the machining. Just need to pick the features you like.

I do think the SH is tougher than most. It comes at a weight penalty.

Did you purchase a spot Hogg off eBay by chance? I have seen some cheap Tommy hoggs that I'm assuming are knockoffs from China.

I don’t know how to explain it, it feels more like a “ stamped “ piece, rather then a “ machined” piece. Tolerances don’t seem to be nearly as tight as HHA. But I don’t have it mounted on the bow yet ( still waiting on it to arrive) so maybe once it is I will change my mind, will see. Even the “ clicks” seem sloppier though, if that makes sense.

Stalker69

WKR
I haven't messed with HHA in a while, maybe their quality improved. But I don't think that any of the top of the line sights are made any better. I'm not saying SH is leaps and bounds ahead of anyone, just that all the high end ones are pretty equal in the machining. Just need to pick the features you like.

I do think the SH is tougher than most. It comes at a weight penalty.

Did you purchase a spot Hogg off eBay by chance? I have seen some cheap Tommy hoggs that I'm assuming are knockoffs from China.

No, I bought it from Eders Archery. I hope your right, and after I get it on the bow and get to actually mess with it, who knows I may really like it. I really hope so.