E-Bike Accessories

With the recent QuietKat sale, I purchased my first e-bike. I will use this for residential archery hunting and for shuttling between ramps with a drift boat/raft.

What accessories are you all using? Any of you make any custom racks for yours (full suspension vs hardtail)? What about trailers?

What’s good and what sucks?

OP
isItFallYet
Does anyone have experience using these racks for your bow? Good, bad, or indifferent?

SloppyJ

WKR
I use my dirtbike straps and strap it in the back of my truck like my dirt bike. Kick the ass end over to one side of the bed and roll out.

OP
isItFallYet
I use my dirtbike straps and strap it in the back of my truck like my dirt bike. Kick the ass end over to one side of the bed and roll out.
Id probably do the same unless it’s hunting season (have a topper on). Winter and spring the topper comes off to make room for the ktm.

SloppyJ

WKR
Id probably do the same unless it’s hunting season (have a topper on). Winter and spring the topper comes off to make room for the ktm.
Nice choice. I actually got rid of my 300xc for the e-bike. It's not a hunting bike, it's a Specialized Turbo Levo. I have so much easier access to trails on a mtb and my son seems to like riding bikes more... for now. So that's the route I went. I know I'll miss it but so far that Levo is the bomb! I just strap it in on the handlebars and go. I had one truck topper and it bugged the hell out of me so no more for me.

I use a Burley trailer to lug heavier gear down decent trails and then have saddle bags. During Turkey season I can put just about all my gear and decoys on the bike and need nothing else.IMG20230503193940.jpgIMG20230918154718.jpg

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at trailers for stands, hauling deer out, etc. and I wasn't sure if one that hooks to the hub or to the back rack would be better/more stable??

I was looking at trailers for stands, hauling deer out, etc. and I wasn't sure if one that hooks to the hub or to the back rack would be better/more stable??
That Burley hooks to the the left side of the axle and pulls better than I expected. I have about 70 pounds on the trailer in that picture and that trail was pretty rocky. I'm honestly surprised I didn't blow a tire. The down side is it doesn't have a lot of ground clearance so the bottom got a bit beat up going over big rocks. A larger game cart connected to the rack is going to give you more tongue clearance obviously but an axle connection is damn tough.

I think I’m going to try one of these racks on my full suspension bike. I’ve seen people strap on their climber to their hard tail before, and I’m hoping to do the same with a full suspension bike.

I have a similar but cheaper rack. I haven't strapped a climber to it yet but I do clamp a milk crate to it. I might try setting the climber on the milk crate next weekend when I finally get out deer hunting.

OP
isItFallYet
I have a similar but cheaper rack. I haven't strapped a climber to it yet but I do clamp a milk crate to it. I might try setting the climber on the milk crate next weekend when I finally get out deer hunting.
What rack do you have?

wesfromky

WKR
I have a PSG rack that works pretty well for my bow/rifle. The other really helpful thing to have is a heated battery cover if you are going to use the bike in cooler weather. I also have a hitch mounted bike rack designed for small motercycles since the ebikes are usually too heavy for standard bike racks.

Headlights are good as well as a small pouch with some basic tools. I use a hill people gear bike bag.

Beendare

WKR
I can't help with racks and such ....but I can tell you that one of those CO2 inflators with a couple extra cartridges and a couple tire kits is solid gold.

The cool thing about these bikes is you can go a lot further....but that can get you in a spot where a flat is a major PITA- who wants to walk their bike 15 miles?

We have those nasty mace like stickers in the late Summer/Fall that are hell on bike tires.

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the quietkat rack and their saddlebags. Been able to bring whatever I needed.

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
I have the qk trailer also. Fits seamlessly with the rack, grandkids have “chariot” races with one of them on the qk trailer. it is well made.