Early Morning Cold Bore Shots

GLB

WKR
My morning cold shots. 1 at 20, 1 at 25 and 1 at 30 on the Caribou.
1 broadhead at 25 on block target.

Attachments

• 267A2F99-41E4-4F3D-A4FA-97E4B398FF7A.jpeg
    267A2F99-41E4-4F3D-A4FA-97E4B398FF7A.jpeg
    658.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 04178E11-E047-427F-B2DA-90FEDD1F82B4.jpeg
    04178E11-E047-427F-B2DA-90FEDD1F82B4.jpeg
    820.5 KB · Views: 53
As a disclaimer I would have been embarrassed to show my groups a few days ago. I needed to take a few days off and shoot this confidence builder to get the bad stuff out of my head.

Nice shooting!

Yeah yesterday I shot the worse I have in a long time. I just walked away before I made it worse..
My problem is I love to shoot and Will literally shoot myself in a rut. But i’ve been doing this along time and know I just need to take time off to get myself back on track.

Nice shooting.

i’ve learned that my first cold shot without warm up or stretching is terrible.

I bring one of those rubber bands on my hunts and warm up my shoulders really good and draw my bow a few times before I ever take a shot. I also shoot about every hour or two in the field at stumps and such just to stay loosened up.

Reactions: GLB
Nice shooting.

i’ve learned that my first cold shot without warm up or stretching is terrible.

I bring one of those rubber bands on my hunts and warm up my shoulders really good and draw my bow a few times before I ever take a shot. I also shoot about every hour or two in the field at stumps and such just to stay loosened up.

The stretch bands are a good idea. If I’m stalking I usually have no problem on the cold shot. Sitting in a stand for along time is different. I try to rotate my shoulders to keep them loose when I think I can get away with it or slowly draw my bow and hold for a few seconds as I wait.

Back