Echelon CF Versa Ultralight Riflestock Review, By Torin Miller

NSI

WKR
Looks like a nice option in line with the current movement towards more modern stock ergonomics (GW, Bastion, VG, RS).

Any idea if they will modify the Tikka mold to avoid the common problem of rem 700 --> Tikka inlets, which is long trigger reach?

Did you experience any slippage under recoil with the carbon ARCA rail? This is a common complaint with the HNT 26.

Thanks for the review,
-J

tam9492

WKR
Looks like a nice option in line with the current movement towards more modern stock ergonomics (GW, Bastion, VG, RS).

Any idea if they will modify the Tikka mold to avoid the common problem of rem 700 --> Tikka inlets, which is long trigger reach?

Did you experience any slippage under recoil with the carbon ARCA rail? This is a common complaint with the HNT 26.

Thanks for the review,
-J

Good Q on the Tikka inlet - it wasn't my impression that there would be a new mold, but rather an additional inlet for the existing mold. I'll reach out to Jared to verify.

I'm not setup to shoot off a tripod - in fact, I didn't have much interest in doing so until I got to use the low-profile rail. No idea if it would experience slippage or not, but with the amount of detail that Jared thinks through, I can't imagine it being an issue.

With that said, a rail that's unobtrusive, such as the Echelon, makes it easier for me to justify using a tripod. That, and having younger children who will begin shooting in the coming years.

tam9492

WKR
A few updates:

The Tikka inlet will be on the same mold, but it will be inletted more rearward than 700 inlets to keep the same trigger reach.

The poly-carbon of the rails can result in minor slippage - it all just depends on the head, tripod and recoil of the rifle.

z987k

WKR
The 20oz did not include bottom metal/magazine it looks like?