EDC backpack

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Copy...ironically that is almost exactly what I carry every third day to and from the station (firefighter as well). I would suggest GoRuck then. Really well built bags, just a little pricey. You should be able to get a mil discount though, I think its 25% off, or at least it was a couple years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This is what I carry. GoRuck GR2. Bought the GR1 and then swapped it for the GR2. If you are 6ft or over I'd go GR2. It's perfect for laptop, chargers, basic change of clothes or sweatshirt.

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
I'm very happy with my Vertx Gamut Plus. Sets up well for work,(computer, portfolio, etc.) looks professional and provides ample space and features for you quick deployment of CC firearm etc. They have several different styles (backpack, sling, courier bag, etc. and they don't scream "Tactical Tommy"...not that there's anything wrong with that! :cool:

Deepshax

WKR
This is what I carry. GoRuck GR2. Bought the GR1 and then swapped it for the GR2. If you are 6ft or over I'd go GR2. It's perfect for laptop, chargers, basic change of clothes or sweatshirt.

Are you talking about the 26l gr1? I think the gr2's are 34l and 40l

WestNE

WKR
I just picked up a MR urban assault. It arrived tonight and I'm very impressed with the build quality. I've got a 3dap for hunting but wasn't sold on the foreign production, I shouldn't have worried, quality is great and I paid just over $100 on a holiday deal.

Laptop fits well with enough pockets to organize admin gear for work.

Nick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I just picked up a MR urban assault. It arrived tonight and I'm very impressed with the build quality. I've got a 3dap for hunting but wasn't sold on the foreign production, I shouldn't have worried, quality is great and I paid just over $100 on a holiday deal.

Laptop fits well with enough pockets to organize admin gear for work.

Nick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That’s a good looking bag. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JigStick

WKR
I like my TAD Fast Pack. Definitely over built. I can't tell you how often I use the beaver tail to hold stuff. very useful.

RAPTOR

WKR
Stone Glacier Avail 2200...can remove the waist belt if you want, and it will attach to any of their frames if you wanted to use it for a day backpack hunt. I've been beating the shit out of mine for a few months now and love it.

I am in the market for a pack that can primarily do laptop hauling duty but would handle a larger camera in a case as well. Not pro grade photography but just a Dslr in a case. Basically the urban dad assault Pack. Going on vacation I usually carry on my computer camera and a jacket. I have a ~25L day Pack but it struggles to pack the camera along with other daily needs. I don’t want to go too big but need something thicker than the standard skinny day Pack.

Any thoughts?

I am in the market for a pack that can primarily do laptop hauling duty but would handle a larger camera in a case as well. Not pro grade photography but just a Dslr in a case. Basically the urban dad assault Pack. Going on vacation I usually carry on my computer camera and a jacket. I have a ~25L day Pack but it struggles to pack the camera along with other daily needs. I don’t want to go too big but need something thicker than the standard skinny day Pack.

Any thoughts?

Look at Mountainsmith. I'm considering the Tanuck 40L for my camera/day/plane carry-on pack. It looks like it would hold your DSLR/jacket/laptop and other odds and ends perfectly

Jauwater

WKR
I’m running a HPG Connor Pack w/ Aston Panel & two Medium General Purpose Pouches. I run a 3” Bottle holster on each side. Got a couple GI 1 Quart Bottle Holsters coming that’ll run on the top inside the Connor Pack for Small item organization, and a Tool Roll that’ll attach with Velcro, anywhere on the interior or behind the Aston Panel. I personally feel like this is the ultimate day pack for my needs. With the First Spear laser cut PALS panel on the interior you can create your own layout. Comes with a removable frame sheet, and also has the use of load lifters. I’ll add a 20L Osprey Roll Too Dry Sack compressed between the pack, and panel for my Sleeping Bag for overnighters. Really sweet pack. My favorite build to date.

fa1300553d34b4cc8044f9acb9e6b531.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shraggs

WKR
What about the 5.11 rush 12? Same basic build and layout you're used to. I have it, the 24 and 72. The small is favorite for sure. I use it as my boat bag. Would carry the items you listed for sure.

John

Deepshax

WKR

Any thoughts?

I can get my tripod, the bigger mountainsmith camera cube, and some other random stuff inthe smaller 21l GR1. Goruck also makes two different size gr2's if you needed more room (34l/40l). I think the 34l is on sale right now in certain colors. Love their laptop compartment, it doesn't protrude into the main bag at all.

]
Triple Aught Design Fast pack litespeed is a great option too, it was just a little small for my size. The Fastpack EDC is bigger and has a waterproof sleeve for a laptop. Both will work but are pretty pricey.

I run the TAD Fastpack EDC. It is incredibly rugged, lots of options for internal layout and storage. One thing about it is is you will need to have several pouches for organization of things as the main compartment is cavernous with no pockets save on the zipper. Overall all though this bag servers very well for EDC. I travel every week for work and it holds up very well and is a nice change of pace from all the TUMI bags all my peers are running.

jsim12A

FNG
My TAD Fastpack EDC is the most used out of my collection of backpacks I have and had over the years. It's comfortable and it has features such at the transporter tail and molle webbing that I use to carry extra pouches and gear. The version I have of the EDC is the 2015 with the roll up dry bag and I use that feature very often. No sure why TAD got rid of it when they release their most resent packs.