EE Quilt 20* Wide, Long from Massdrop - $225

efnm

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this Enlightened Equipment quilt up from a massdrop a few months ago and finally had a chance to try it out on a recent elk hunt. Despite being what is already considered wide (58"), I see that I need something even wider based on how I tossed and turned. The bag is super light and I ended up using it as a blanket over my other sleeping bag, but boy was that a big warm.

If you know massdrop you know they are screaming deals IF you get in on time. I'll pass this deal along to you for what I paid plus a few bucks shipping. $225 TYD. I might not be able to get this out until after Christmas but I'll try.

quilt.jpg

It is comparable to the EE Enigma 20° PLUS a cinchable footbox, but with 800 treated down, and in wide and long. Here are details of what I bought:

Made from soft, durable, and downproof 15D nylon (which offers the best price-to-performance ratio in our book), this quilt has 2.5-inch baffles with ample loft to keep you cozy whenever and wherever there’s a chill, along with a vertical-baffle design that keeps the down from shifting to the side as you move around at night. Two adjustable straps can be tied around your body or the sleeping pad. To seal in warmth, the collar can be snapped together and the top bungee cord lock can be cinched snugly around your neck.

We noticed that many people prefer a wider quilt, which allows them more wiggle room to sleep naturally—so we’re making 58 inches our standard width. And because we found a lot of folks don’t use the toe-box zipper to open their quilt into a blanket, we opted for a sealed design from your knee to the foot, combined with an opening at the end of the footbox for ventilation. This simplified construction makes our quilt light and warm, while ensuring it can be used in a range of temperatures, environments, and sleeping positions.

Color: Black
Material: 15D 0.9 oz nylon taffeta
Loft: 2.5 in (6.4 cm)
EN-rating: Comfort 31°F (0°C) / Limit 20°F (-7°C) / Extreme -12°F (-24°C)
Vertical box baffles
2 adjustable, removable pad straps
Drawstring footbox
Snap collar
Bungee cord lock at top
Shoulder width: 58 in (147 cm)
Made in the USA

Long: 800-Fill

Length: 84 in (213 cm)
Fits sleeper up to 79 in (201 cm) tall
Insulation: 800-fill hydrophobic down
Fill weight: 14.1 oz (400 g)