ELD X, Berger 156, Federal fusion

If all things are equal...accuracy, price, accessibility, etc which bullet would you use that would give the best terminal performance for the 6.5 PRC. Has anyone had bad experiences where any of these didn't perform?

I myself haven’t killed anything with the 156 yet, but my dad has in his 6.5 PRC and everything he has killed with it has either dropped or been dead within 20 yards max. I have been impressed with the Berger’s so far, I shoot the 168 VLD in a 7RM. I will be using the 156 this year in my PRC though. I killed a couple does last year with the eldx and liked the performance but like shooting the heavier bullet. I’ve gotten more exits with the eldx than the Berger’s but generally the Berger at close range hits like a tank. No sub par experiences with either though. Both have performed well in my experience and done what they are supposed to.

Shot both Berger and ELD-X. Both did their job just dandy. My group mainly runs the ELD-X’s so that what I go with predominately.

I’ve shot a lot of animals with both the Berger and the Hornady. Never tried the
Federal bullet.
My current PRC load is the Berger

Back